What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Ram , System starts to boot to xp but then just frezzes

WolfBane

Hey gang need some help here :)
My ram went bad about a week or so ago , well i got my new corsair ram today and installed it in my system, it started up fine went to load xp fine but right when it goes to bring up my desktop it just frezzes and black screen !!
Now i have tried to reinstall both xp and vista but when xp reads the cd and and goes to search the hard drive for a previous copy it just sits there does nothing ???
I have changed nothing since my ram went bad , So i am thinking all should have went well by just installing the new ram !!!!!
I have switched slots for the ram and the bios sees it no matter what slots i use --a1 b1 or a2 b2 slots.

I am at a loss i cant even reinstall xp to see if its some thing else , I am using a msi neo2 platnum mb

Shadowmeph

you probably have to do the same things as I had to do and that is go into your bios and setup the timings and also the volts to exactly the same as your ram
<div_prefs id="div_prefs"></div_prefs>

WolfBane

Ok ladies and Gents found out my problem lol
whew took me about 4 hours to get it lol
I got my new corsair ram this afternoon and installed both sticks and system would post and start up xp then frezze so i went threw my bios , harddrive , all kinds of things switch spots for ram from a1-b1 to a2-b2 etc etc and no joy:(
So finnaly like a noob i took out one stick and BAM system booted perfect !!!
BOOOYAAAA

So i removed that stick and put in the other new stick and Bam NO JOY system wouldn't boot:(

So theres my story hope ncix can send me a new stick as fast as possiable , I am on vacation this week and would like to play my games

Perineum

Interesting. My last RMA from Corsair resulted in them sending me a dead stick of ram back as well. It's looking like they need to get their shit together.

zsamz_

nothin new
corsair has alot of crap elpida in ddr2 sticks they just die for nothin lol
some good for long time n alot good for 2min
wolf if you rma dont just send 1 stick rma them both odds are the other 1 will die

WolfBane

Yea guys i talked with Linus (Wich i want to say Thankyou to ! he is a big help !!!!) but he informed me that i need to send both sticks back wich i will do :)
now if i can get my rma'ed gskill back then i am good but i am gonna run this 1 2 gig stick for the remainder of the week ! being my vacation and such i doin't want to go with out a system for another week and a half:)

KaptCrunch

WolfBane

also your motherboard site check Bios versions for a fixes memory issues for your MB model

Latest posts