What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New rebuild, OS stuttering

MacJunky

User beware: HDTACH can cause invalid CPU useage.
What? You mean how it leaves a seemingly stray process running after each bench? Just open up task manager and kill it.

I would be willing to bet that his controller and drive will display very similar if not identical performance now as it did before.
Yes, it is good to check anyway however.

howettl

Well I ran HDTACH on the drive and just as someone predicted earlier the graph ranges from 35MB/s to 60MB/s, with an average of 52.2MB/s. I'm convinced that the problem was not with the drive at all, but with the drivers which were installed for the Jmicron controller, as I have yet to experience any issues since removing them.

MacJunky

I find it baffling that jmicron did not realize this problem existed before releasing their drivers.. It is so apparent!

MacJunky

And the thing is, it is still not fixed despite being extremely noticable. We should all have a virtual rally together and send them a letter or something.

Latest posts

Twitter