What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New rig for the wife

Shadowarez

Folding Team
that is not a bad lil system itll struggle with Diablo 4 when it comes out but if you optimize settings 1080p should be capable.

titch--

Thanks gents lol

If vid cards ever become a descent price again, we"ll be upgrading that. Ill probably give her my 5600xt and get something like a 6600.

titch--

Iam having one issue though. Was thinking of starting a thread in the troubleshooting topic but Ill start here first.

Im pretty sure the mobo does NOT like the SSD. The only way I can get windows to run is by using the windows 10 disk and changing the boot order to run the DVD drive first. If I power it off with the disk out and change it to run from the SSD first it hangs up on the MSI "MAG" screen.

The bios recognizes the drive and it comes as UEFI Hard Disk: Windows Boot Manager (name)
BBS priorities is Window Boot Manager
AHCI is picked over raid.

Anything else I should be looking at?

cheers
This got lost in the last page so Ill bump it.

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
This got lost in the last page so Ill bump it.
Re the boot problem: I had a similar issue where it would freeze at the BIOS "splash screen" after having been shut down for a while. As long as I was actively using it, rebooting, or even resetting BIOS, it would boot back into Win 10. Shut down for a while and it would lose contact with the boot device and I would have to boot from the install USB stick. Solution was to immediately install chipset drivers after re-installing Win 10. These newer gen systems and their P-states interaction between BIOS, chipset and CPU seems to be causing it. Bad habits formed benching with older hardware in my case I guess as I only installed drivers when needed or beneficial. The newer gen stuff is different.

Last edited:

titch--

Hey Val, sorry somehow I missed this.

I should of updated this before. Ill check the lastest and greatest out right now. cheers

Latest posts

Twitter