What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New router, DIY or buy and Tomato?

Scurvy42

i have heard that before, i would avoid any kind of overclocking or more power to the antennas:)
Too late, stock is 80MW for both 2.4 and 5GHz, I left 5 alone but upped 2.4GHz to 100 pretty much right away! I wish i hadn't lost my :censored: cellphone, I had a cool wifi scanning tool that could tell me how the power is.

now that you have one, does the stock firmware have ip bandwidth usage reporting?
Doesn't seem to, no. I haven't upgraded the firmware to Asus' newest so maybe that's part of their upgrade, or maybe they haven't gotten that far yet.

also, if your feeling brave. Asuswrt-Merlin - Custom firmware for RT-AC66U - SmallNetBuilder Forums

looks like its a modified version of the stock firmware so it should still have all the asus enhancements still there.

i think i am still going to grab the ac66 by the 23rd when i get switched over to teksavvy.

edit: wrong link, meant this one. Asuswrt-Merlin - custom build of the Asus RT-N66U firmware - SmallNetBuilder Forums
Another new one, I'll read what it's about, thanks NiteOwl! :punk:

forgedice

RT-AC66U 802.11ac Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router

Will the AC66U connect directly to techsavvy or do I need a modem attached to it?
:blarg:

Twitter