What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Solder Workshop

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Well it's finally Happening placed what seems like 15 order's for everything lol but thought I'd compile list of items iv got incoming to start this journey in repairing electronics and maybe even eBay repairs. Links to come as I make up the list.

1. BGA Socket Repair
2. Cpu Stencils
3. KAIWEETS Digital Multimeter
4. Tip Thinner
5. TS100 TIP T1-C + TS-ILS
6. Baseus 65W Fast Portable 3 Port Charger
7. PINECIL
8. FRIZNO 0.6 MM Solder Wire
9. ANNLOV 7 inch LCD Digital Microscope 50-1200X
10. BAKU BK-858A SMD Brushless Heat Gun
11. AMTECH VS-213-A-TF Flux
12. Low Melt Solder
13. Quick 861DW Hot Air Station Bent Nozzles 3mm
14. Premium Desolder Braid Wick
15. Mechanic Precision Tweezer
16. Qianli Ultra thin Pry
17. 3 x 50ml Needle Tip Bottle
18. Soldering Mat
19. Weller WE 1010NA

ill add the ventilation system once i figure that out for now itll be janky af

Last edited:

Soultribunal

Staff member
I use something like this.

Awesome that you're getting into electronics repair. Its a dying breed these days. Its amazing what can be fixed once you learn how.
I think Digikey and I have become really good friends over the decades. Get yourself an account there and get good with an engineer. They can help immensely.

-ST

Shadowarez

Folding Team
thank you i been learning what i could from the channel northridge fix he makes repairs look so easy. and yeah no one here does this sort of work everyone who asks i refer to the people in know in Alberta as theve always been good and fair with prices.

awww man look at that beauty lol price is insane but think of the work you can do gpus,motherboard socket replacements, i looked at a few but everywhere id looked wanted nearly $900+ shipping on some $600 reflow stations :eek:

gingerbee

I have done it on a small scale for years I love micro-soldering and yes soul is right its a dying breed, there is nothing like fixing something you were not even sure it could be fixed. I use a pretty basic soldering Iron this one

but have had my eyes on the ts-100 iron for many years but with the Weller not sure I need it lol, I got right into it once I started building my own custom drones as I have told ya about. everything on your list looks good I would suggest a fume extractor of some type if you're doing a load of soldering or a really good vented room with a fan in front of you, you really don't wanna breathe any of that shit in. sorry missed you fume E talk on the last bit

best places I have found for any and all parts you may need, Digi-key shipping is so fast sometimes it feels like they ship it before I order it lmao.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
hahaha thats happened with a few things iv ordered from china one shipment came across the ocean to my door in 4 days never seen that yet others were held in Vancouver for 15 days lol. ill def have to get a good fume extractor as i plan on tinkering till i perfect my technique and learn i have many things that could use some work like this Titan X im sure needs to be reflowed its temps at idle are concerning.

for fumes i have pieced together a dryer duct ant a 120m fan to at least pull the smoke away as i get into it.

ill pick up a wellerman as your the 5th person iv heard talk about this brand and type. the pinecil is more a test and fact it has a risc cpu inside.

no one here has the space or tools for what to seems simple. like this external amp/dac the micro usb power port snapped off it was a $120 unit pretty sure i could clean and resolder this in minutes instead of turfing it.

gingerbee

It's nice to have an Iron that can give you the heat when needed, I have found with cheaper Irons if it's not enough heat you can do more damage than good, just going in nice and hot soldering the connection/joint you need to then get out, you end up transferring a lot less heat then with a lower power iron well you sit there trying to get the connection/joint hot enough to flow right. Made this mistake many times early on being scared of the heat luckily only damaged a few things, IE melting plastic parts I needed on the opposite side of the PCB

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Just picked up the 19th part based on reviews and in case the one i have isn't capable. got a pack of tips as well so i could learn wider array of tips to use for every situation.

@Cannon Fodder will do ill update here once the parts arrive and im sure ill post the projects first cpu then amp/dac then ill attempt a gpu i know is needed reflow.

Cannon Fodder

@Shadowarez That last comment, about the GPU that needs reflow, got me to thinking, that if you get this all workin' pretty well, it MIGHT even be worth it to buy some "parts only" sales on Ebay/CL/FB, if they're cheap enough, to see if you can revive some good non-working hardware.

Also, another (y) for DigiKey - I haven't bought anything from them for a LONG time, but when I did, I was blown away at the sheer volume of stuff they stock, and yes, deliveries were quite quick...... of course, given the current world situation, that may have changed somewhat. :unsure:

Shadowarez

Folding Team
@Cannon Fodder that's the idea i revived more then one Titan X with noob level gear (heatgun) Flux, tinfoil, the fixes worked but id like to have more faith in the repairs though.

and if i get good enough i want to be able to offer this service to our members if there is no better options out there.

Twitter