What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Solder Workshop

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Well a real soldering iron showed up. Now I can start learning I may have to just attempt without a stencil as everywer I'd asked they don't have a stencil for Ryzen cpus.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105-145233_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211105-145233_Outlook.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 10

Shadowarez

Folding Team
yeah iv asked sellers on ali exspress ebay and a few others. people in the business said just get universal cpu stencils with .06-0.7 spacing but who knows i did manage to find one with a am4 cut out so fingers crossed.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Got a proper fume extraction setup coming 450 CFM and I bought custom fit carbon filter for front as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211108-084540_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20211108-084540_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20211108-084621_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20211108-084621_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 0

Shadowarez

Folding Team
will update soon as these items arrive cant wait to get to fixing this 5900x and testing it out.

FreeKnight

I thought I would ask in this thread rather than start a new one....but I'd like to get myself some gear to setup for soldering. it will become necessary for my RC stuff.

this is on sale at Princess Auto and right now 'something is better than nothing' so I don't want to spend a lot of coin. Is this reasonably decent?
Seeing a voltmeter and a soldering iron in a kit for 45$ makes me suspect it's pretty junk quality, but it'll probably solder wires half decent.

Probably better off getting a half-decent soldering iron like a low-end weller if you're going to be doing a lot of it. If there's just a few wires to solder that'll probably still do the job.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Seeing a voltmeter and a soldering iron in a kit for 45$ makes me suspect it's pretty junk quality, but it'll probably solder wires half decent.

Probably better off getting a half-decent soldering iron like a low-end weller if you're going to be doing a lot of it. If there's just a few wires to solder that'll probably still do the job.

hey FK, I'm totally open to suggestions...aside from Amazon, are there any places I can educate myself on soldering and all that is involve in doing it well?

Latest posts