What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Newbie GPU Folding

Shredder

I tried the gpu folding on the X1900CF, with the custom flash for volts and fan control the unit sounds like its throttling up for some serious work,LOL.
Running at 8 mins a task:bananafunky:No idea what that means but it seems cool.

I would like to see the X1900XTX also fold but I cant seem to get it to attach, keeps crashing the program when I use the -gpu 0 or the -gpu 1 flags.
Anyone have any ideas on how to set it up? The Blitz Formula board has a Crossfire controller on it. The Folding program is only using the one GPU.
I understand it wont work on Crossfire , I was hoping for 2 concurrent operations.
Presently I am using the FAH10 core ,FAH beta6 console GPU program and 7-11 Catalyst Crossfire enabled or disabled. Memory requested at 1 gig with 80 percent gpu processor usage for settings.

lcdguy

i'd love to fold with my ati cards (X1900XT and HD3850) but it only works with an older version of catalyst according to their website.

turtletrax

Banned
Why isn't Nvidia allowing DC on their hardware? I mean there are a tons of them out there and I would use at least one of mine to fold if I could.

Shredder

I followed the instructions at [email protected] and it turns out I had previously missed the part about attaching a second monitor to second video card and extending the card for the desktop. Both GPU's folding concurrently, Whoot Whoot

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Usually FAH shuts down a client when the new release is available on their download site.

Mr. Cipher

I followed the instructions at [email protected] and it turns out I had previously missed the part about attaching a second monitor to second video card and extending the card for the desktop. Both GPU's folding concurrently, Whoot Whoot
Wait wait - you mean I have to have monitors attached to the video cards to get GPU folding?

I was hoping to run my old computer (athlon 3700+, 2 * x1600xt) remotely, for folding...

Twitter