What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Newbie Needing a New PSU

Razamatraz

After looking up that model's specs it looks like it is all standard form factor so any normal size power supply should fit. I'd still recommend a 500 watt Corsair, they are only a couple bucks more than the 380 or 430 watt units out there and I've had issues with the cheaper Antec stuff.

One question...Have you upgraded your CPU already? Those machines never started with AM2+ chips so just wondering...

The board should be a micro-ATX form M2N78 with one PCI-Express X16 on it and based on age should be PCI-Express 2.0 so it should run any current card just fine. Looking at diagrams of your case in the user's manual I'd say that card will fit just fine (It is a Full ATX capable case), keeping in mind that HP built this one backwards compared to the standard...IE the MB is on the left and you have to open the right side panel to get at anything.

Jaded1

No, I haven't upgraded my CPU yet.

And yes, I've noticed how everything is opposite. It annoyed me at first since I was used to everything being the other way. :biggrin:

KrUsHeR

I have bought several Corsair 430W Builder Series power supplies. It would be the perfect size for your needs and NCIX has them on sale for $35 quite often. The last time I bought one I got it for $30, but they are usually $35. Check the NCIX sale this week.

Jaded1

I have bought several Corsair 430W Builder Series power supplies. It would be the perfect size for your needs and NCIX has them on sale for $35 quite often. The last time I bought one I got it for $30, but they are usually $35. Check the NCIX sale this week.

Thanks. I just ordered one from newegg for the same price. :biggrin:

Latest posts