What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

No Boot/display on brand new Asus P5N-MX board

the_bandit87

ok, I here is what I am working with.
ASUS P5N-MX LGA 775 board with Nvidia 610i Chipset and Integrated graphics
Intel Celeron 430 1.8ghz cpu
1gb of Kingston 667mhz DDR2
1TB Seagate HDD
Antec 380watt PSU
3dFuzion 128mb GeForce 6200LE

this is on initial assembly
Right now the fans and lights come on, Optical drive opens, no display at all. I removed the video card and tried it off the integrated VGA, nada, another thing thats just plain weird but may be explainable is that when powered on power does not get to the USB Mouse or keyboard. It may be that the USB Mouse and Keyboard have to be enabled in the BIOS first but I tired it of PS2 stuff and still no joy. I guess I will try another DIMM and also try to reset the CMOS but I am really puzzled. I am hoping I don't have to RMA this. As well I am using a LCD which I know works and was just on a few minutes ago.

tzetsin

your usb wont work untill the usb controller is initialized (every boot) and unless it posts it wont get to it
have you used the ram and the proc before? if not, can you try it in another system?
does it post? you should hear abeep if it does

the_bandit87

I have the syetem speaker hooked up, no beep, I tried a different DIMM and I also tried using DIMM Slot 2, no change. not getting any display at all. I have used the CPU before for a number of months, always ran cool. Its been out and on my shelf for about a month but it was always in the black plastic cover. I also rechecked all the connections for power and so on.

tzetsin

before i would assume the board was bad, i would chack all your power connections and double check the cpu is supported. also you could try booting without ram, and with out proc to see if there is any change or if all remains the same

the_bandit87

I could try a different PSU now, I already reseated the connections and so on, really hope I don't need to RMA but . . .

the_bandit87

switched PSU and tried the video card again, still nothing. really dosn't look good. I'm going to reset the CMOS now.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Don't forget to remove the battery for 1 minute too while resetting the CMOS via the jumper.

Latest posts