What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

No display on monitor upon startup. HELP!

bojangles

I just tried another GPU on the motherboard (not yet RMA'd because it's over 2 years old, debating to just buy a new one), and I get the same result. I'm thinking the motherboard has fried, much likely the something like the NB got too hot, fried, and can't communicate with anything. The heatsink on this thing isn't big at all (I'll try and find a picture).

D4ng3r

I dont want to sound like an ass, but make sure that the cord from the monitor is secure in the monitor as well as the case.

my mom was about to drop 200 bucks a month ago on a new monitor because she thought hers was broken... and all it needed was a wiggle.

ipaine

Well, from everything that I have read that you have done, I would be saying it is the motherboard as you think.

The only thing that I would be tempted to try would be to see if you could get your 4850 into another machine to make sure that it is not dead. I only say that because of the led's on that card. But in really, you have already swapped everything and it all leads towards the motherboard.

Then again, to be 100% sure you can also try another CPU and if possible another BIOS chip (not sure if that is possible on your board). If you can do those and still nothing then dead mobo you have. But even if you can't swap those I would still lean towards the mobo.

That's my 2 cents.

Lord_Anubis

have you tried taking the board out of the case & running it on a motherboard box (etc.)? The board could be grounding somewhere in your case, I have had this happen on a system that worked fine & one day it wouldn't. Took the system out of the case & she worked.

klaiboi

make sure that the socket on the motherboard that all the pins are straight...I had a similiar problem and it caused the system to start up but nothing would be displayed on the monitor. Might be a little problem that you can fix with a lead pencil instead of going without your mobo for who knows how long....just be gentle it doesn't take much force to bend the pin

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter