What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

No image from GPU to screen

FreeKnight

Hey all,

So I decided to change from air to water on my X58 system. I took it apart, installed my CPU block GPU blocks and SLI blocks, radiatior, pump and res and have leak tested everything (with several leaks found and fixed on the compression fittings using distilled water).

Now that I've reconnected everything, I can't seem to get either GPU to send an image to the monitor. The system powers on. The i7 970 was seated properly I'm fairly certain and all the power connections have been made. Motherboard connected LEDs and fans are working, so it's definitely getting power.

Any suggestions? I don't really want to strip the whole system if it can be helped. But I can't think of what's causing it. The GPUs had no power when I was leak testing so I don't think there'd be a short, plus I was using distilled. Anything obvious I'm missing?

proxy

Only thing I can think of you probably already did, unplug the monitor and power connectors to the GPU, remove it completely from the motherboard, reseat it in the motherboard, reconnect the cables and try to boot.

ZZLEE

If you have a room fan turn it on and point it at you case fore a wile. You may have a short from the distilled water. Like 3 or 4 days.

FreeKnight

If you have a room fan turn it on and point it at you case fore a wile. You may have a short from the distilled water. Like 3 or 4 days.
That's what I'm thinking. Probably in the PCIe or GPUs. I'll have to take the whole thing apart and take my Datavac to it and hope I can dry it out.

Shadowmeph

it is either one of the above or maybe you need to reseat your GPUs again if you MB has on board video maybe connect that to your monitor .
But generally issuses like this could be something simple like not all of the power is connected to your cards or simple things like that.

FreeKnight

Took everything apart and went to town with a Datavac and a hair dryer. After about a day and another hose that slipped through it's compression fitting everything is looking like it's doing well. Temp at the pump is 37C which is pretty decent after an hour of FFXIV on an X58 system I think. I was really hoping to squeeze in a 140mm rad at the exhaust port, but there's just no way to fit it in.

sswilson

Staff member
Took everything apart and went to town with a Datavac and a hair dryer. After about a day and another hose that slipped through it's compression fitting everything is looking like it's doing well. Temp at the pump is 37C which is pretty decent after an hour of FFXIV on an X58 system I think. I was really hoping to squeeze in a 140mm rad at the exhaust port, but there's just no way to fit it in.
You can always hang one off of the back if you really want.... :)

Glad to hear everything worked out.

FreeKnight

You can always hang one off of the back if you really want.... :)

Glad to hear everything worked out.
I thought all was good, then a hose slipped out of of a compression fitting and I'm back to square one :S

Might just silicone the damn things lol

Twitter