What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

No Image on monitor

Phobia

Hello everyone,

My computer won't show any image on the monitor. I have tried two different monitors and just tried a different graphics card today. When you press the power button everything turns on, and my monitor recognizes there is a signal coming to it, but just stays blank. Would that be my motherboard that's dead?

If that is the case, I have two ocz vertex in raid 0.. Is there any way to get some data off of them, or am I hooped?
Thanks

wirerogue

Hello everyone,

My computer won't show any image on the monitor. I have tried two different monitors and just tried a different graphics card today. When you press the power button everything turns on, and my monitor recognizes there is a signal coming to it, but just stays blank. Would that be my motherboard that's dead?

If that is the case, I have two ocz vertex in raid 0.. Is there any way to get some data off of them, or am I hooped?
Thanks
i know this wont make much sense but, try reseating your ram.

ram that is not properly seated will cause you to lose all video display.

if that doesn't work, it could be bad ram as well.

mello_newf

Few things I always try

Check the ram (remove all but 1 stick and rotate)
Remove video card and try onboard if you have it
Try using another PCI slot if you have one
Clear the coms (remove mobo battery and press power repetitively)
Remove usb/lights/hdd (anything that you don't need to get into bios)
Check that all cables are tight

If you try all that then it's most likely the mobo I very rarely see the CPU go

ZZLEE

System spec what we talking about ??

Does it have on chip vidio ??

Phobia

Thank you for the replies.

I have an Asus P5e, intel qx9650, corsair dominator ddr2. I have tried a few different video cards, switching my ram around, clearing the CMOS every time I made significant changes.

ZZLEE

Check KIJIJI or the like fore a 775 board.

I foresee upgrades in your feuter. :whistle:

Phobia

Thats what I thought. Is there any way to get the data off of my raided harddrives? I just have a few files that I would like, but am pretty certain I won't be able to get them.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter