What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

No one owes you a living

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwayne

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/02/b...-at-fast-food-outlets-in-100-cities.html?_r=0

Like the title says! If you don't like the money you make, find a new job that pays more... if you don't like the job you have, find a new job that you do like... If you can't find a new job, get some new skills that will help you find a new job... If there are no jobs where you live, maybe you better move to a place where there are jobs to be had.

You knew what you were getting into when you accepted the job, it isn't like they hid the salary, no bait and switch to get you into the door and fool you into staying! I appreciate the people who work in these places, I am polite to them, I say please and thank you, I understand the job sucks because I have done the job a long time ago, as a teenager. It is an entry level job people, it isn't a career, it doesn't provide a salary that could support a family, it is fast food FFS!

The unions behind this also piss me off. The need more members so they can collect dues that they then use to influence the political process. They may say they are in it to help the "working man" but that is crap. If that was true then the union bosses would go on strike pay when their fellow workers are on strike. Unions had a place once, a long time ago, when companies abused workers. But with Federal and Provincial regulations those days are long gone. There is nothing a union does but drive up labour costs, and you know the company just passes those costs onto the consumer. These are the same people that would put a company out of business and then complain there are no jobs to be found.

This quote really made me shake my head: "Mr. Rojas said he had studied for a pharmacy technician’s certificate, but he had been unable to save the $100 needed to apply for a license."

Now, I don't know Mr. Rojas, but going on strike for one day means one less day's pay. If you can't find a way to save $100, how is not working going to fix that? I would add that if Mr. Rojas has a cell phone, video game system, computer, or similar leisure item he needs to reasses how he spends and saves. And if he is like any other 23 year old male he has all 3.

turtletrax

Banned
All makes sense till you see the earnings of these corporations. There has been increasing pressure on the middle and lower classes for almost thirty years, and all the increases in profit have come from wage reduction and outsourcing.

The most corrupt people on this planet are business major and economics leaders. Hell, even Allan Greenspan admitted that he didnt think that things could have possibly gotten so out of hand, and he wrote the gaddamn playbook for the last 30 years.

My point is things arent quite as black and white as the counter spin makes it.

$0.02 :whistle:

samhell44

if you can do this on a minimum wage job in the us i will slow clap for you sir
find a new job that pays more, find a new job that you do like, get some new skills that will help you find a new job, move to a place where there are jobs to be had.
:ban:

FreeKnight

Lamb's got it right. There's no way this thread isn't going to go anywhere but downhill into histronics and accusation of 'commie-lefties', 'facist-righters', etc....

Herne

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/02/b...-at-fast-food-outlets-in-100-cities.html?_r=0

Like the title says! If you don't like the money you make, find a new job that pays more... if you don't like the job you have, find a new job that you do like... If you can't find a new job, get some new skills that will help you find a new job... If there are no jobs where you live, maybe you better move to a place where there are jobs to be had.

How dare they deny being purely fungible!

I do agree that fast food is fast food, and the will always be market pressures keeping those wages at the bottom and probably should be. I don't agree with obsolescence of unions though, I suspect the worst thing you can say about them in Canada is that they tend to only protect public sector jobs.

AkG

You know what a $15 an hour fast-food 'server' looks like:

McDonald's to implement touch-screen ordering - 18 May 2011 - Computing News
and
Fast Food Robot Builds The Perfect Burger - PSFK

The reason a lot of these places use unskilled labour instead of automation is because the person is cheaper. Change that profit equation even just a bit more...and all those $10 an hour workers who want $15 go the way of the dinosaur. Look at self-checkout in grocery stores, the push for more automation in assembly pants and you can see the writing on the wall.

Hell I'd rather have a machine make my burger instead of some teen-angst wanker. The machine wont spit in it, wont put drugs in it and it will be the same quality every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts