What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

no option to discuss HWC reviews?

FreeKnight

to the staff...is it possible for you to add a link at the bottom of the review to a thread if we make one for the product reviewed? that way it invites others who are checking out the review to contribute. perhaps post it on the video description on YouTube as well?
That used to be the norm. I'm assuming it's just a 'don't bother' anymore

clshades

The only way HWC will survive is subscription based, ad free, with posted written reviews. We can thank Facebook (fake viewer count) and Google. They pretty much own ad based funding and if signed up to their bullshit they own you.

Lysrin

That used to be the norm. I'm assuming it's just a 'don't bother' anymore

I certainly think the link in the YouTube description to a post or section on the forum here would be nice. I realise that the YouTube route is more of a money generator, but posting a link here when you post a video on YouTube doesn't seem too big a task to keep both sides alive, unless I'm missing something in the process?

I like both written and videos. I like a written review for something I need more detail on or that I am really interested in. The videos I find great for a high level flyby of something. Sometimes the video is enough and sometimes it's a jumping off point for more research. Also for things like cases, peripherals like mouse, keyboards, etc. I find I've seen things in videos that weren't captured the same in still photos.

But let's be honest... commenting on a YouTube video? That comments section is just a cesspool more often than not. Not sensible discussion that would happen here. I certainly don't consider the comments section equivalent to the forum experience.

Last edited:

Bond007

I certainly think the link in the YouTube description to a post or section on the forum here would be nice. I realise that the YouTube route is more of a money generator, but posting a link here when you post a video on YouTube doesn't seem too big a task to keep both sides alive, unless I'm missing something in the process?

Exactly. A link there (to here). A thread with a link here (to there)...everybody is happier.

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team
Thanks for the feedback everyone. We'll look into a couple options for adding this into our workflow. Additionally, we had some issues with the YouTube Widget plugin we created for the forum for people who skip the home page so it kind of ended up on the back burner.

Mr. Friendly

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We'll look into a couple options for adding this into our workflow. Additionally, we had some issues with the YouTube Widget plugin we created for the forum for people who skip the home page so it kind of ended up on the back burner.
thanks for addressing this, Gav :)

clshades

The guy that does the case reviews is excellent. (tired can't recall his name just now) I watch lots of his videos.

Latest posts

Twitter