What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

No post after restarting, please help!!!!!

divertiti

I have had a Q6600 oc to 3.3 ghz on a Asus p5k for 2 yrs now. It was stable and i left it on. Yesterday I restarted the machine due to an software update, right when it got to the post screen i decided to turn it off, so i powered it down by holing the power button. I was never able to get it to post again afterwards. Anyone has any ideas? Please help

_dangtx_

Banned
so you pushing the power button does nothing? no fans spin, nada?

short the pins on the mobo with a screw driver see if the power button connection thingie has gone. if not, put it together on your table.

divertiti

THe fan spins, normal sound from hdd, just no post from either of the two video cards i have in there

_dangtx_

Banned
does the fan spin at a constant speed or it changes? constant is no good.

take out both video cards. put them back in. do the above bios reset perhaps

divertiti

Just an update, it's back up and running like before now, this is the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

There was no post, fans spinning at constant speed. So I took the ram out, put it back in 1 by 1, 2 out of 4 sticks will post, the other 2 won't (at my original overclocked setting). I tried a couple of more times, now the 2 good sticks still post but no bios image, however the fan does spin down and there is video signal, it's just blank.

So I removed the cmos battery, cleared cmos, put all 4 sticks back in, now the computer's back to life at stock settings. I loaded my o/c profile, and now it's back up and running at the original o/c speed completely stable....WTF

Also I think the original hiccup was due to the fact that I had a new USB dell keyboard plugged in while restarting, I find my computer wouldn't restart properly with that thing plugged in, if not black screen, then it gets stuck on "initializing usb controllers" until I unplug it....WTF

Latest posts