What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

No Post

Flemminr

Hey guys

So I just updated my PC. Installed a new motherboard, new PSU, CPU cooler, and added in an SSD. After installing everything, I went to boot up the system to install Windows, but I got nothing. My monitor was showing no signal, and I didn't get any beep codes either. I made sure everything has power, and it appears everything does as there are lights on on the motherboard, and graphics card, and I can feel the HDD spinning. I'm out of ideas. Anyone have any suggestions?

supaflyx3

Reseat your CPU, make sure you didn't bend any pins on the motherboard. If both are fine, take all but one memory module out and try to boot. Still nothing? Try a different stick and keep repeating. If it still wont post with any of the modules in, try re-seating your video card and check for blown caps on your motherboard.

Flemminr

I'll try reseating the CPU.

Had a i7 920 CPU. New motherboard is an Asus P6X58D-E. New RAM is Corsair Vengeance 12GB, PSU is a Corsair AX750. SSD is a Plextor 128GB, and HDD is a Hitachi 1TB.

Flemminr

Reseat your CPU, make sure you didn't bend any pins on the motherboard. If both are fine, take all but one memory module out and try to boot. Still nothing? Try a different stick and keep repeating. If it still wont post with any of the modules in, try re-seating your video card and check for blown caps on your motherboard.
Reseated the CPU. Make sure there were no bent pins. Took out all memory modules, and tested each individually with no success. Took the video card out and put it back in, and nothing. No blown caps as well.

supaflyx3

Do you have a second computer to test the PSU on, or a second PSU to test on it? Seems like a dead board to me.

KaptCrunch

check if the MB 4wire plug is in the right half of MB 8 power

Attachments

• asuwe.JPG
    asuwe.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 99
  • acip.JPG
    acip.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 105

Flemminr

The Corsair AX750 uses all black cables, so it's hard to tell which is which. The CPU power connector fits in the socket only one way, which is how it is.

Latest posts