What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

No sound over hdmi moving to other TV win 10

yamawho

I tried moving a PC to three other TV's using the same HDMI cable no sound on the others ...

No conflicts in device manager.

However after I looked sound devices in control panel the TV's that don't work only have the speakers that show.

On the only TV that works I get the speakers and the other WXGA TV ... seems to be this that I need.

Why is it not available on the others?

Attachments

yamawho

After trying many things, this has worked for me.

I booted the PC with the TV off.
I turned the TV on (actually the hdmi is routed thru a sound system) so I turned both on.
Got nothing, black screen (this usually happens when I turn them on after the PC)
Held the power button on the PC and shut it down.
Turned on my sound system and TV then PC.
It booted up showing no audio device for playback then the red x went away.
I checked in audio devices and HDMI was there and selected as default.

enaberif

If your receiver is having troubles it sounds like perhaps the hdmi board in your receiver is failing. What receiver are you using and how old is it?

yamawho

If your receiver is having troubles it sounds like perhaps the hdmi board in your receiver is failing. What receiver are you using and how old is it?
It's a Pioneer HTP-027 and it's always been temperamental ...

However that would not explain why it wasn't working on my new Visio TV or my Asus HDMI monitor.

yamawho

KaptCrunch

Yamaho also check your A/V receiver for firmware updates not see VSX-324-K-P listed
]
on my Yamaha system had that issue till update on HDMI ports

clshades

There is always the question to verify that the tvs that aren't working actually support audio through the hdmi at all. Some older versions only do video.

If your TV and receiver have ARC use those ports to connect TV to receiver and then use another hdmi input for the computer.

yamawho

There is always the question to verify that the tvs that aren't working actually support audio through the hdmi at all. Some older versions only do video.

If your TV and receiver have ARC use those ports to connect TV to receiver and then use another hdmi input for the computer.
These other TV's work presently with other devices with sound.

yamawho

Yamaho also check your A/V receiver for firmware updates not see VSX-324-K-P listed
]
on my Yamaha system had that issue till update on HDMI ports

Took a lot to get it going when I purchased it ... it took days of swapping out cables etc.
After about a year the Sat/cbl input stopped working ... put TV box on DVD input.
The other only issue I have is sometimes the TV cuts out and turns on again.

This has been going on for a few years, I always thought it was related to another device on turning on like dishwasher or a 100W light.