What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

no vidio after crash!!

ebcogs

Hello and thank any and all who can help me:thumb:
I was just playing rfactor and my computer locked up, i had to manualy hard boot my machine but when the system starts post there is no vidio signal and my monitor says that the vidio cable is not attached,
I can hear windows load from listning to opining sound it make but still no vidio!:sad: if i push the power off switch i can hear the system shut down and power off,
What up did i just blow my $400.00 MOBO.:shok:
I have put both cards in another mobo and thay work fine.
can someone help me please:biggrin:

ebcogs

Thank you very much, the asus mobo has a very nice clr cmos button on it and i tryed pressing it several times to no avail,
I have also tryed both cards one at a time with the same results no vidio signal.
only thing that changed in the computer was that about one hour befor the crash i had just installed CCC 9.9 and it was working fine up untill the crash.

martin_metal_88

First, welcome to HWC. It can be 2 things. first, mobo. Second PSU cannot handle both card anymore. First, try to clear Cmos, then try change PSU if it does nothing. I`m sorry.

Ask for more.

ebcogs

Thank you martin metal 88,
I have another psu at my friends house that i can use to test, I also removed the battery from cmos and still no vido.
i will post back later and tell if the psu fixed or not. THanks to all who help.

KaptCrunch

sounds to me that your crossfire is looking at 2 moniters .....reason no video cause your moniter is configured for secondary......need to hook another moniter and setup primary

Note: the most closest video output to the back panel header is usally is the primary port

ebcogs

I will try that also, will it mater if one is vga and other dvi?

martin_metal_88

sounds to me that your crossfire is looking at 2 moniters .....reason no video cause your moniter is configured for secondary......need to hook another moniter and setup primary

Note: the most closest video output to the back panel header is usally is the primary port

This basically have no sens. At the mobo post cross-fire is still disabled the the moment driver come in at windows start.

Ask for more.

Latest posts

Twitter