What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Noctua edition ASUS RTX 3070 reviewed

Bond007

Per the title. I am not going to even comment about price/MSRP/etc, as the is out of control across the board.

If anyone wants a cool running and very quiet 3070, this is the one (if you can foot the bill).

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/asus-geforce-rtx-3070-noctua-oc/

"Noise levels of the RTX 3070 Noctua are so impressive I had to double check that the fans were really spinning because I couldn't hear the graphics card at all even while running heavy gaming workloads at 4K. With 23.1 dBA, the card is truly whisper-quiet, and has set a new record. I've reviewed over 700 graphics cards in the last 15 years, and none was as quiet as the RTX 3070 Noctua..."

fannoise_load.png

Last edited:

Soultribunal

Staff member
It also goes down as the ugliest card to ever grace a consumers PC.
Osterreich, I love you, but damn that is one ugly color.

-ST

FreeKnight

It also goes down as the ugliest card to ever grace a consumers PC.
Osterreich, I love you, but damn that is one ugly color.

-ST
I don't know, some of the vinyl decal blower cards with no backplate and garish red/blue pcbs from back in the day are pretty hideous.

Izerous

Folding Team
I like how "performance mode" it is still second quietest on the list.

As I have mentioned before I like their fans there is a reason why my radiators are covered in NF-F12 fans thought the NF-A12 looks like for my fin density might work better than the NF-F12s... but no way i'm about to go buy that many more fans right now, these F12s are already quite old though and I'll probably swap them out if they start to fail.

JD

Staff member
Seems odd why it took this long for a GPU manufacturer to go "what if we put the best fan on our GPUs instead?"

Bond007

Seems odd why it took this long for a GPU manufacturer to go "what if we put the best fan on our GPUs instead?"
My guess…$.

normally margins aren’t that huge, so buying “expensive” fans would be out of the question. With the market as it is, the sky is the limit.

Latest posts