What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

node 202 cooling

snatchby

quick question, has anyone ever tried putting one gpu fan as intake and the other as exhaust in the node 202?

i have a gtx 1070 strix. just trying to plan out the best cooling config.

FreeKnight

quick question, has anyone ever tried putting one gpu fan as intake and the other as exhaust in the node 202?

i have a gtx 1070 strix. just trying to plan out the best cooling config.
You're not normally able to do that on a Strix as far as I know (without modding at least). Most people have gotten around the airflow issues by using case fans in the GPU area. It seems like people have had better luck with case fans in the GPU area set to exhaust out rather than draw air in. There's a reddit post somewhere that had a user replace the stock 1060 cooler with an accelero III and just run exhaust fans.

Even if you could have one fan on the gpu intaking and the other exhausting, you'd probably just create an airflow loop and negatively affect cooling performance. A big challenge in this case is as much getting the heat exhaust out as it is getting the cool air in.

Depending on the space you have between the GPU and case Silverstone has some really thin Slim 120mm fans (SST-FN123) that might work without a custom cooler. I have a few sitting on my desk I just pulled out of a storage bin I meant to use on another project :haha:

snatchby

sorry thats what i meant. i was referring to the 120mm fans in the gpu area. i have 2 noctua nf-p12 1700rpm which have static pressure of 2.83 so the gap shouldn't be an issue. no exhaust has me a little worried.

FreeKnight

sorry thats what i meant. i was referring to the 120mm fans in the gpu area. i have 2 noctua nf-p12 1700rpm which have static pressure of 2.83 so the gap shouldn't be an issue. no exhaust has me a little worried.
You could give it a try. I still think having one intake and one exhaust next to each other is going to mostly cause circulation and you'd probably have better results with one or the other.

You could always do a quick test in all three options Dual intake, Dual exhaust and one of each then post back with results for others :thumb:

snatchby

thats what im thinking. nothing is "quick" with the node 202 though thats why i figured i would ask if anyone has tried it. :p

KaptCrunch

LOOKS IF BOTTOM OF CASE is vented, not sure if pci mount is dividing case ?

strix1070 will fill thr 2 pci slots up

I'd would place fan/s on side of case (left)blow in and right side blow out