What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Noob crossfire question about PCIe slots

juhhe

Hi

I am quite new with the crossfire concept but am thinking about having second 3870 card installed in crossfire.
I have a Asus P5K mobo which has the P35.
I did read somewhere that if I only have the 3870 cards installed then the first slot will run with 16x and the second will run 4x.
BUT if I have any other cards installed in PCI slots, the second PCIe will only run at 1x. I have a X-fi card installed to 1 of the PCI slots.
Now I tried to find a solution about this but could not find it.
So please, if you could help me and let me know wether this setup of 3870 cards with this mobo and X-fi card makes any sense and can I actually gain any benefit from this.
Thanks for all the advice you masters of hidden knowledge can share :thumb:

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter