What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Norco Build Quality

Arinoth

Staff member
I was wondering what the build quality was like for Norco Rackmount cases as their prices seem a lot more reasonable then antec's or supermicro. I imagine i'd need to replace most the fans or get a fan controller of some sort to lower fans rpm if they were too loud.

Perineum

They are alright. The fans are ultra fast and way too loud. I'd say the available reviews are more or less spot on.

I can't talk about the backplane for the drives though. So far so good, but I imagine your use will be the same as mine.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
The RPC-250 I used a while back is fine for the price, quality is on par with what I paid for. Being a 2U, everything is tight, a fan controller is a must and a short PSU is mandatory.
I ran my Raid5 array (6 drives) for a while in there, now the case is in storage.

Norco Technologies, Inc.#

Arinoth

Staff member
I was potentially looking at their 4U rackmounts to give me more space and more available hard drive storage

enaberif

We use lots of their 4u cases at work and they are built pretty well. I don't recall the exact model but the only issue I have is they can only house 4 hard drives and 1 optical drive and if you use an atx board in it the board hangs a bit under the drive bays making it tough to get cables attached so you need to attach all cables first.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Depends which case you are describing. The 250 can hod 6 HDDs, 1 optical and one 3.5" external. Cable routing is pretty much straight forward (ie. no hiding places), and was easy even when I used an EATX board (X8DAi). Though I highly recommend a modular PSU...

7034b2826d4a01a6.jpg

7034b284d4cc1516.jpg

7034b29a1e6f3cca.jpg

Latest posts