Background image credit to : Christopher Martin Photography - christophermartinphotography.com
Hi guys! New build here!!!
Last november, I bought the starting pieces of a future X99 build. At that time I bought the board, the CPU, the RAM and the blocks for all those items. I wasn't set on which case I would put it in neither which GPU's would I choose so this project was put on hold.
For the case the choice wasn't easy. And even if I currently did set my mind on a choice and started modding it, I could change my mind at anytime lollll. Back september or october, I bought a Black Phanteks Enthoo Luxe from Snef just because the price was good and I liked the look of the case I didn't have any plans for it. So in the end this is the case I chose. But It would have to be modded to handle the radiators I wanted to put in.
For the GPU's...in the beginning of my brainstorm, I was planning on a 3x GPU setup but wasn't sure about it and didn't even know what I wanted in terms of model. Recently I made my choice and it will be a dual GPU setup!
Last thing I needed was a color scheme and build name. For the colors I must have change as many time as there's color choice of fittings and coolant lollll. At the end, the choice of colors are blue and green! Very bright and vivid.
Upon my research for colors and name, I was doing a little "google images" search for inspiration and encounter the work of a brilliant fellow Canadian photographer by the name of Christopher Martin. He did shoot some AWESOME pictures of Aurora Borealis (or Northern Lights) in Alberta. I contacted him to tell him how stunning his work was and also if it would be possible to use one of his picture as my build banner. And he agreed!! So my banner this time is very simple. Only the name of the build which is simply "Northern Lights" and Chris's picture in the back. Under the banner, you will find Christopher's website link. Go and check out his work!
As always, I hope you will enjoy this build!
Build setup/parts listing :
- Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Black (modded to accept the rad config)
- Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5 WIFI Motherboard
- Intel i7-5820K CPU
- G.SKILL Value 32GB (8 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 RAM
- XFX PRO1000W Ltd Black Edition 1000W 80PLUS Platinum PSU
- Nvidia GPU's (2x)
- Samsung 840 250GB SSD
- Corsair SP140 LED (Purple) 140mm Fans (6x)
- Corsair SP120 LED (Purple) 120mm Fans (6x)
- Corsair AF140 LED (Purple) 140mm Fans (1x)
- Black Ice Nemesis 420GTS Ultra Stealth U-Flow Low Profile Radiator
- Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX Ultra Stealth Dual-Core Xtreme Profile Radiator
- EK-XRES 140 D5 Acetal
- EK-RES X3 - TUBE 250 (204mm)
- EK-D5 Cover Kit (Black) Acetal
- EK-RES X3 - Multiport TOP (with 40mm Internal Tube)
- Swiftech MCP655-PWM-DRIVE D5 PWM Pump
- EK-HDC Fitting 12mm G1/4 - Blue (22x)
- Miscellaneous EK-AF Extender in Nickel
- EK-AF Angled 90° G1/4 Nickel
- EK-HD Tube 10/12mm
- EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel CPU Waterblock
- EK-FB KIT GA X99 - Nickel Motherboard Waterblock
- EK-RAM Monarch X4 Clean CSQ - Nickel RAM Block (2x)
- EK-RAM Monarch Module - Black (2pcs) (4x)
- EK-FC something - Nickel GPU Waterblock (2x)
- EK-FC something Backplate - Blue (2x)
- EK-FC Terminal - Plexi (2x)
- EK-Ekoolant Pastel GREEN Coolant
Sleeving, lighting and misc.
- DarkSide HD Cable Sleeving - Aquamarine Blue UV
- DarkSide HD Cable Sleeving - Green UV
- DarkSide HD Cable Sleeving - Jet Black
- Darkside HD Sleeved Sata Data Cable (12") - Green UV
- Darkside Clear Plexi Cable Combs
- Phobya Touch 6 Black Fan Controller
- The Enthoo Luxe comes with an integrated LED ambiant light system so this is covered.
AND........a tease picture of something :biggrin: