What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Nostromo: 5960X, 3x 980 Ti SLI, Painted Motherboard [FINAL PICS!!]

ratzofftoya

Just to comment on the 2nd video. (Very well done BTW) when you did the TIM on the ram it seems a little excessive. Have you tried removing the water block to see how much of a mess it is? I think the way you cleaned the ram was fine. I've done it the same way hundreds of times and if a tiny bit of cotton comes off its easy to remove it. I think there's a bit to much paste on the south bridge which brings me back to using the white stuff. (Industry standard for electricians)

The board looks awesome I'm looking forward to your next installment.

I did remove and reseat the RAM and motherboard blocks. I agree that the TIM on the southbridge was pretty sloppy, but that little guy is so small! The RAM actually wasn't bad, but once you take it off....

Thanks to everyone for the comments and support. A couple brief updates for you guys....

First off, the people spoke, and I listened. Nostromo 2016! I took off the waterblocks and --lightly-- polished them up, leading to clearer tops. I think this achieves the right balance:

nEkxSP6h.jpg

nbLq718h.jpg

Also, the cables from UPC (Ultimate Personal Computers) are done! Big shout out to those guys, they look great.

vh6HV2Bh.jpg

MZViKA3h.jpg

N4Ky09bh.jpg

ipphISqh.jpg

nkB2DNfh.jpg

And, finally, a little sneak preview of what's coming next.

qMgHzjXh.jpg

Cheers!

ratzofftoya

Let’s start off with a little shot of my loft/modding space. The ol’ humble abode.

5cTYHIAl.jpg

Here’s me getting the main compartment panel ready to mod it. Basically, I just wanted to extend the cable cut-outs and tap some holes for standoffs. I’m going to put an acrylic plate over the cutouts, which I think will look pretty great.

RUIFWSWl.jpg

Pmktfbql.jpg

Next came the leak test with Mayhems Blitz. Thankfully, I didn’t run into any problems. Filling and draining three times is kinda a pain, but I suppose it’s worth it!

0mQMCh2l.jpg

Ov3oA1ul.jpg

And, finally, here’s what it looks like with the first loop filled! Next video to follow soon. Eager to hear what y’all think!

IRRNpuGl.jpg

Lysrin

Well I haven't got any modding advice for you, you're beyond anything I've done, but just thought I would comment and say it looks amazing... and huge! :biggrin: And 3x 980Ti in SLI... that just hurts my brain... :shok:

Latest posts