What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Not able to see SSD in windows explorer

MARSTG

Hi guys,
I got myself the Seagate SSHD this weekend and installed in the system. Then I formatted the SSD and took it out of the system on a USB to SATA controller to make t , at least temporarily, a transfer drive. When connecting to the PC there is a message that the SSD is there but I cannot see it at all. Disk management says it is there but nothing in win explorer. I tried a second USB to SATA controller, same thing. Irked, I installed the SSD in the system again, on a sata port : BIOS is seeing it, IDE controller does not have AHCI function, is ICH7. What am I doing wrong?

The SSD is seen by the disk management as well, I deleted the volume, recreated with default values, formatted, no dice.

Update II : I did change the SATA port, I did change the SATA cable, BIOS says is there, HD Tune says is there, storage management says is there.

Update III : Ok, my bad, I was not assigning any letter to the drive!

Last edited:

Twitter