What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

not sure if its harware of software problem

Shadowmeph

I am running a Asrock z77 extreme 3 MB and on average once a week my Ethernet fails to find an IP address I always I try to reset w=via windows 10 it fails to find IP then I go to the modem reboot then router reboot but I always end up having to reboot my PC is this hard ware or a software windows 10 thing, I have never had this problem with other OS's also my laptop and cell and other computer never lose a connection . I am thinking it is the Windows 10 doing it . I am debating on adding in my adapter Lan card 10/100 or just doing a full upgrade which I am thinking isnt really worth it since I only game and watch videos on this system.
I have already unchecked the power management" allow computer to turn off to save power " so I know it isn't that

Cptn Vortex

Definitely test with your add-in network card. See if it stops acting up. If it continues to be an issue, it might be the cable, your switch or router also.

Shadowmeph

I have switch out cables and also static IP no difference. I will try my Addin card see what happens

djbrad

I had problem like this on my basement htpc. Went from onboard Realtek to addin pci intel card. That fixes IT.

AB10

ARP cache too?

The symptoms sound address related; DNS, ARP or MAC addressing. If you've already gone down that rabbit hole then hardware is next.

Shadowmeph

never heard of Arpcache , I know in the olddays with XP or windows 7 the clearing the DNS cache and all that would work .