What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Not Waking Up From Sleep

danmitch1

Have any of you guys recently had trouble waking your display from sleep?

I have my power plan set to not save any power anywhere, every thing is set to "never" but my display.
My display is set to turn off after 5 minutes which it has no problem doing only, thing is it doesnt like to wake up..

I tried all the suggestions google came up with and nothing seems to help.
Ive finally resorted to just turning off the monitor when not in use but I dont want to wear out the power button either...

Im not sure when this started as I dont usually leave my pc on when I know im not going to use it. I know it used to work fine.

I cant figure out why all of a sudden this is happening.

JD

Staff member
Try a different input if you can? Or plug in another PC/laptop to rule out your current PC?

Shadowmeph

my laptop is hooked intomy LED tV and I know that after a Time my LED TV will turn off and I have to manually turn it on , does your monitor have an automatic off setting?
now on a slightly different note sometimes when I wake up my Laptop I will have to restart it because even with the monitor on the screen is black but I think that this also might be becasue I usually have Kodi running on full screen and ( I havent tested this out yet) it is paused on a show that I was watching so in my case iot could actually be Kodi.

danmitch1

Oh , i never thought to test the monitor its self as when this happening you see "no signal detected ". I assumed it was then a pc problem. Ill test out the monitor on another pc.

Yup, the monitor has auto off. Actually now that you mentioned it, i disabled the auto off. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
My girlfriend s laptop does that too since upgrading to Windows 10. After researching and talking with a ms tech, it turns out that the chipset is not compatible with windows 10 even though everything else works great. Our fix to that was to turn off sleep and just use turn off display, being plugged in all the time anyway we didn't worry about power usage.

danmitch1

Oddly enough if I activate the auto off on the monitor, the windows display sleep feature works.

danmitch1

This issue still plagues me. I have purchased a new display port cable and I still get the no waking up from sleep from time to time.

I can actually recreate the problem 100% of the time. If I load into the bios then turn off the screen and leave it off for more than a few minutes, when I turn on the monitor it shows that no signal is detected.
Then , blindly I can press f10 and then enter to save and exit the bios. At this point the pc reboots and a signal is detected once again.

Ive been reading that people with this same monitor have the exact same issue and some point to "displayport hot plug detect". Many monitors have an option to set it as always on or something to that effect but this one doesn't.

I dont have another monitor with a display port to test but I have tested hdmi and it works fine.
Im nearly positive it isnt the gpu as my last card was experiencing the same problem.

My monitor is still under factory warranty but I would have to pay return shipping. Im not sure if its worth it if they just send me the same monitor with the same defect.

Im also wondering if I should just live with the HDMI connection as it supports the maximum resolution and refresh rate that the monitor can handle. But when it come to selling the monitor down the line, I would have to take a hit for the defective DP...