What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Want to Buy nothing for now

fubar

Why are you looking for an 8700k if you just bought one? You probably won't find a 8086k now. They are overpriced and in fact, 8th gen processors are overpriced by people - the best place to get one is here - but, I haven't seen one advertised here in many months. Second, 'might be redflagdeals but they are very flaky there and it might be overpriced, too. The worst is kijiji unless you are in the GTA and will risk a meetup or are close enough to do it and don't mind risking wasting time. They're also flaky and some are shady - but, it's more likely to get a lower price - but, then you don't know if it's legit or not. Even if it is, there's some very strange sellers on there.

GrinderCAN

Because I am addicted to building? :) I bought one in June, yes, but I won a bunch of parts in an amateur modding contest hosted by Dazmode (case, PSU, mobo, watercooling kit, among other things) and I need a CPU for that machine as it seems against the spirit of the contest to just sell off the prizes. I guess I could buy a 9700k instead, and remove the 8700k from my current machine for use in the new build.

As for the 8086k, that ties in to my search for a vintage PC/XT case. I am planning to do a water cooled tribute build in the old case, using the 8086k in honour of the original 8088 (an 8086 with an 8 bit external bus), and entering it in next years modding contest (deadline is likely December).

Thanks for the heads up regarding the other forums/kijiji. I am in Halifax, and comfortable meeting people locally, but there is less selection and prices tend to be higher.

Over the years I have seen a couple of fubars playing Urban Terror (old Quake3 mod). Are you one of them?

Last edited:

fubar

Because I am addicted to building? :) I bought one in June, yes, but I won a bunch of parts in an amateur modding contest hosted by Dazmode (case, PSU, mobo, watercooling kit, among other things) and I need a CPU for that machine as it seems against the spirit of the contest to just sell off the prizes. I guess I could buy a 9700k instead, and remove the 8700k from my current machine for use in the new build.

As for the 8086k, that ties in to my search for a vintage PC/XT case. I am planning to do a water cooled tribute build in the old case, using the 8086k in honour of the original 8088 (an 8086 with an 8 bit external bus), and entering it in next years modding contest (deadline is likely December).

Thanks for the heads up regarding the other forums/kijiji. I am in Halifax, and comfortable meeting people locally, but there is less selection and prices tend to be higher.

Over the years I have seen a couple of fubars playing Urban Terror (old Quake3 mod). Are you one of them?
Haha, nope. That's pretty amusing/interesting, though. :) Yeah, I think it might be hard for you considering your location. I don't really want to drive out to meet some stranger although I did that to buy my video card but it was a lot closer and on the way to work so I was willing to do it. :)

I also don't think ebay is that good although lots of people have insisted on it - mostly when there are deals or ebay codes that give you discounts. I doubt there will be anything that will shave off money for that cpu, the 8700k might allow for a better chance. It depends on how much you are willing to spend on it, though.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter