What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NOTICE - PC builders, when asking for input on YOUR projects Please Tell

nathanator

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
Surfing the internet, watching videos on youtube, checking out facebook, playing SC2 HOTS (preferably not on low settings), rendering videos when I use Sony Vegas (seldom), playing music and occasionally doing school work.

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread
I would hope to spend under a grand. Somewhere around $800 would be nice.

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
Canada. Toronto specifically.

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.
I have always used Intel and I don't know much about computers. I'm good with whatever is quality and is worth the price.

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
I have a Razer Naga and Carcharias that still function properly so I will be using those.

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
I read one or two, but I am a newb when it comes to computers. Don't even know what everything does.

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
What's that?

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
Considering my computer just got fried a few days ago and I am in need of a replacement, hopefully soon.

9. What resolution and settings do you use?
Don't know computer language, but as long as I can enjoy the game at a setting where I can see everything decently (doesn't need to be crisp and crystal clear) and will not make move like a robot.

10. Are there any specific technologies you want?
Just want a quality computer that can last me until I graduate in approximately 4 years. Hope it's not going to be loud and have a working disc tray that can read stuff.

sam11088

Building a powerful Gaming pc

Hi i'm into pc gaming n upgrading my pc,i have a gaming pc which i built for 1 lakh before 5 years ago n it seems too old right now so im planning to build a gaming pc from scratch

price is not an object i just want it to be future proof,i like to use the cooler master cosmos II chassis or the NZXT phantom 820 which ever is the best,and i like to include 1 TB SSD,and like to stick with intel processor

the pc will be used for gaming and i collect movies and all time favorite games so i need atleast 4 TB of space

please suggest best casing and best intel processor and mother board and graphics card and power supply and SSD and HDD and a good keyboard and mouse,and also a good wifi router with large range,i'm planning to build the pc in 2 months

Last edited:

Thund3rball

Family PC on a budget.

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
Home PC for the family. Internet, Adobe, schoolwork and gaming capable. I have a R290 gfx card and a case. The rest I need to buy. Including the OS.

2. What YOUR budget is.
$500-$700 before taxes.

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
Canada?

4. IF YOU have a brand preference.
No preference. Just best bang for buck, longevity, etc.

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
I have: monitor, keyboard, mouse, R290 gfx card and tower case.

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
Probably looking at some kind of i5 build with 8GB Ram, 240GB SSD and a 1TB HDD, 500W+ PSU. I just don't have any idea what components to choose.

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
Will not be overclocking.

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
1-2 months.

9. What resolution and settings do you use?
Current monitors are 1680x1050. But I might buy something bigger later.

10. Are there any specific technologies you want?
This will be an all around family PC that will be used by all of us for our different needs. Can't think of anything specifically. Maybe an all in one card reader. It would also be nice to be able to stream to the TV using Plex.

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
start your own thread in the new builds section.. copy / paste what you wrote out above.

but to answer your question, a pre built PC from bestbuy or something is your best bet.

Latest posts