What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Now on Rogers ipv6....remote access?

biggyk

Iv noticed im on ipv6 know but some sites also show me a ipv4 address. I tried using the ipv4 address for remote desktop but it doesnt work, using standard port 3389 btw. Am I stuck with using only ipv6 address now? I know some services I use do not support ipv6 yet such as noip.

JD

Staff member
I believe you can disable IPv6 in the modem? I'm not quite sure how Rogers implemented it, but I guess they only give you a public IPv6 address and probably tunnel it to IPv4 and share that tunnel with multiple customers, so you don't have your own unique IPv4 address.

biggyk

I believe you can disable IPv6 in the modem? I'm not quite sure how Rogers implemented it, but I guess they only give you a public IPv6 address and probably tunnel it to IPv4 and share that tunnel with multiple customers, so you don't have your own unique IPv4 address.
I believe they disabled the tunnel in May from what I have been reading.