What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

numberpad on hp dv9000

angelo.hafner

keyboard problem dv9009cl hp pavilion num lock

Unfortunately I haven't original BIOS. The HP technicians don't send me it too, even I requesting they a lot of times and explaining the problem with all possible details.

My BIOS version now is "F.3D" and I don't now what was my oldest BIOS version too. I am afraid to install a wrong BIOS and mess all the computer.

Thanks for your help until now!

paulgd

I have these problems too.

problem 1 : With the num-lock on the u i o buttons type 4 5 6 the j k l buttons type 1 2 3
problem 2 : the [fn] + HOME[prt sc] doesn't print the screen, but just works as the HOME key

The work around solution that works for me is

toogle off and on the num-lock when you want to use the numberpad at the side
use [FN] + INSERT[SCROLL] key as this has become the [prt sc]

tzetsin

This problem was eventually solved by RMAing the laptop, apperatly while refurbishing these laptops they ended up using the wrong keyboard controller and this is the result. The only way to "fix" it is to send it in for repair. Your work around does the job though, if you dont want to bother with an rma.

angelo.hafner

dv 9000 dv 9009 dv 9009 cl numpad problem

Unfortunately, I did not know the solution. I can pass to you some of experiences that I have with this problems...

I have tried (by email) to solve this problem with hp technicians. After a lot of emails exchanges, they said that I would have to send my laptop to United States for repair (and I would have to pay the transportation costs).

In that oportunity I questioned them if an HP assistance here in my city could not do the same job. They said not, they couldn't. The rest of the conversation not even worth comment...

Summarizing.. I sold my HP for a very little price and I never will buy an HP laptop again. I think that a computer may have manufacture problems, but the problem must be solved in anyone of HP assistances.

Latest posts

Twitter