What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA Completes Acquisition of Icera

Sam_Reynolds

News Editor
NVIDIA announced today that it has completed its $367 million cash acquisition of Icera, a leading innovator of top-performing wireless modems for 3G and 4G cellular phones and tablets. Icera is now a wholly owned subsidiary of NVIDIA operating under the Icera trade name. With the addition of Icera, NVIDIA now offers the two main processors used in... [ Read full article ]

Zillerz

if ur talking bout me there was a mistake that said NIDIA instead of NVIDIA and i just pointed it out

chubaka

that excerpt pretty much sums it up... their next SoC will be really fast since they will now be able to optimize networking into their chip. Smart move by nvidiia, one step closer to cloud computing.

MARSTG

Yeah, i would really like to see a phone that maxes out the connection offered by the network. The future of communications is wireless for sure.