What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Nvidia doing FreeSync

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Huh? 3 divided by 60 is .05 or 50 milliseconds. People bitch about 5ms lag monitors let alone making it 10 times worse. It would be unplayable in most reaction games.
Yes, this is why people are talking about 120/144hz monitors, to drive down response time and latency. Even with a 120hz monitor you're still talking 25ms latency. For most TN monitors they have a response time of, what, 2-4ms GTG on the pixels? And people still see ghosting.

I think you'd even feel your mouse cursor is dragging when you moved it. Thats how bad this reaction time is. I honestly cant imagine how bad this would be to play on given the timings listed in the article.

Lysrin

Lag and jitter aside, I can't see it as being a remotely reasonable solution outside of just playing around to see if you can make it work. I can't see anyone going through the effort and cost to set that up in the "real world".

Mr. Friendly

Lag and jitter aside, I can't see it as being a remotely reasonable solution outside of just playing around to see if you can make it work. I can't see anyone going through the effort and cost to set that up in the "real world".
that's likely, being how many would buy an APU and then drop a high end Nvidia card into the system to get FreeSync support. LoL!

Latest posts

Twitter