What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA draw for a GTX 580!

hitek

Entered, hopefully I win this so I can run SLI with the Galaxy gtx580 MDT I won this past December from a drawing at another forum.
(I'm still waiting on that card with no information on when I should expect it so I'm a little anxious...)

severity

what law is it that actually prevents people from Quebec from entering?
he reason why residents of Quebec are not eligible to enter many Canada sweepstakes is not because the sponsors don't want to advertise in Quebec, and it's nothing personal against any of the residents of that fine province. Rather, many sweepstakes are void in Quebec because the sponsors must follow a stringent set of rules set out by the Quebec government. For example, in order for sponsor to skip the "void in Quebec" restriction, Quebec sweepstakes law requires that the sponsors must do some or all of the following things:

• Register the sweepstakes rules and all advertisements used to promote the contest with the Quebec government at least 30 days ahead of the sweepstake's launch.
  • Pay a fee of up to 10% of the sweepstake's value, depending on who is allowed to enter.
  • Agree to allow the government of Quebec to mediate any lawsuits arising from the contest.
  • Follow strict guidelines about the contents of the sweepstakes rules.
  • Allow the Quebec government to determine if the sweepstake may be changed or canceled once it has started.
  • File a written report after the contest has concluded, attesting that the prizes have been delivered or attempted to be delivered.
  • Agree to follow a number of other rules and guidelines. See the Quebec Sweepstakes Laws.
While these laws are intended to protect the citizens of Quebec, they are also a significant burden of money and resources to sweepstakes sponsors, and the consequences for a mistake are severe. Rather than run the risk of facing legal action if these long and complicated rules are not followed to the letter, many sponsors take the easy route of making their contests void in Quebec.

Latest posts