What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Review Comment Thread

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
I've poked fun at SKY for some of his "flare" in other articles.. but it was meant 'in fun'. I'd rather read an article with some humour and context, than a bland article with charts and graphs.

As for the 570 being an upgrade for a 480.. I would, imo say yes it is. Lower power, heat and noise, with realitively the same performance? I don't want to say this too loudly, cause i'm going to be selling off a EVGA 480 SC soon - but if I already didn't have a 580 on the way, the 570 would have been a contender.

Full Speed

I love seeing enthusiasm in reviews. Gives it personality and makes it way more interesting. I also relate to it more because it doesn't read like a robot typed it out.

This card looks good and it would be my #1 choice for a replacement if I was looking.

belgolas

Guys the fact is this is less than a year from the launch of the 470. This 570 is colder than the 6850 which is a mid range GPU. This is a high end GPU. The 570 also uses almost 100 watts less than the 480 yet matches the 480 in performance. This card pretty much uses just as much watts as the 5870! Not to mention the price is also pretty impressive.

To say this is anything less than a thermonuclear bomb would be an understatement. Unless you are an ATI fanboy.

Sure this is not a wise upgrade if you have a 480 but if you have a 470 this is definitely something that should excite you. Especially when the boxing day deals are just around the corner.

M

member 3099

This card really has me scratching my head about an upgrade... ugh!! Silly awesome hardware

mattlef

Great job as always.
I, personally, love the color. It makes the read much more enjoyable rather then the drab others are writing.

Seems like this might be close to a leader in the price performance ratio, keeping up with the GTX460 SLI

Deviant

You can only say "it offers excellent price and performance" so many ways so many times.

Personally, I tend to write like that more and its not only boring to write, but often a yawn to read and generally largely skipped over.

I appreciate the literary techniques used by Sky, and in fact most reviewers here. It shows the enthusiasm they have for what they are doing, and it helps me get excited for the product or conversely, understand where it is weak.

It's a human who presents these articles and we want to showcase that.

Different strokes for different folks

That's okay, there are tens of thousands of others that don't seem to mind.
Tom's Hardware is.... -----> That a way

It may just be that our reviews aren't for you, as it is part of what has made HWC unique from the get go.

Concurred...enjoyable to read and Sky doesn't really give a damn about either side as long as the product is good for the masses.

Also remember, at least you can voice your opinion against the editors here. Over at [H], have fun with a ban/aggression from the reviewers especially K.B. who casually drops in F-bombs and the like often. Real classy.

Nonetheless, now I feel sad with my GTX470...

Soultribunal

Staff member
The very thing that brought me to HWC 2 years ago now is the flair given in the review articles.

Its one of the same reasons Johnny GURU is so popular in his PSU reviews as well. I looked for places that gave something above the ordinary, and in all honesty. That is what I have found here.

I don't see why people now find the rhyme or reason to complain on something so unrelated to what the actual review really was about.

Good Job SKY, keep it up.

ST

traitoR

Now these 500 series products are a decent piece of gear, one can't not be impressed with how Nvidia has turned around what was an honestly crippled underperforming chip in such short order and improved nearly every aspect and performance metric.

I don't mind the colourful writing, it would be nice if you showed the same enthusiasm for AMD products when they produce something exceptional though.

jergreen

Man thats impressive numbers especially fora $350 card. I was pretty much sold on 460's in SLI but for similar price your getting similar performance and less power consumption.