What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN; GK110’s Opening Act. COMMENT THREAD

GT7R

Why did they enable 2688 cores instead of going full on the 2880 available... this should be an extreme card and limiting it does not make any sense. :blarg:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
SKYMTL, thanks for the lead in to the 21st. Can you let us "folders" know about its capabilities? Not sure if its in the cards but would like to see a 670-680-690-titan roundup!!! Its a pricey piece of tech to be sure, can't wait to read the review.

I can tell you about performance right now: F@H perf isn't great. Stanford is working on a new client revision which takes advantage of the GK110 but it isn't ready yet.

We'll be covering F@H, crunching and compute performance in a separate article. Tomorrow's will be gaming only.

Just so you know here is the lineup:

- Assassin's Creed III
- Crysis 3
- Dirt Showdown
- Far Cry 3
- Hitman Absolution
- Max Payne 3

FPS, FPS over time and frame times for each @ 2560x1600 and 5760x1080.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
It used to be a part of Sky's benchmarking suite...

I understand quite a few people still play it but a complete refresh of the testing suite was needed. The main issue is actually the lack of an open game world which would allow for runthroughs.

Rather, it is a "shooter on rails" where you'll be hitting checkpoints every 45 seconds and random events happen which can seriously mess up a comparative benchmarking run.

Fudd Rucker

For SFF my machine is pretty damn close to that. All thats missing is a Titan gpu and what do you know.. ive got a few bucks back from my a much larger than expected tax return. Wonder what the odds of getting one before the next ice age would be.

Latest posts