What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Nvidia GPU Client Download!!!

Apollo4g

Hmmmm...maybe i can sell my 3870 for something that will fold better, how much does a 8800GT pump out? and a 4870X2?

Sorry, so clueless on folding! :haha:

Last edited:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Much better choice; before folding with the GTX280, I was using a 8800GTS 320Mb that had an output of ~4700ppd. That was the equivalent of one of my Q6600 with a full-blown oc and dual SMP clients under Linux with VmWare...

tzetsin

this client isnt working for me, im using version 6.22 console and im getting 400ppd with 1 cpu (and i mean Cpu) core at 100% and none of my Gpu cores even rising a single degree. i looked for the core version 1.07 but i think they pulled it because its not for download anymore. It was working under XP, but now not with vista64 (im not running sli, just have both 9800gx2 cards in with a monitor on each) any ideas?

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
You may have to look at the F@H forums for this one; no one here uses the GX2 for folding, two of them even less.... I'll take a look at their forums tonight.

Dashock

some odd reason my ppd has gone down from the traditional 5400 to 3399 the overclock on the video card is right i even put it back to default and overclocked it again and i got a faster cpu now clocked my E3110 to 3.2ghz so i dont know why its gone down ?

Prof. Dr. Silver

You may have to look at the F@H forums for this one; no one here uses the GX2 for folding, two of them even less.... I'll take a look at their forums tonight.

I actually use a 9800GX2, which I recently purchased just for folding, after it's recent price drop. Now let me tell you...getting this damn thing to run properly, is a huge pain for some.....and a dream for others! Let's just say it is a large pain for me. So far I've gotten the card to run at stock: Card 1 4766 PPD but Card 2: 2498 only! While 7246 PPD is still very impressive, I find it very hard to reach that 10000 PPD range that they are supposed to run. I've opened a post at the F@H forums to see if I can get some help there. Check here: Folding Forum • View topic - 9800GX2 - Odd behavior

As it looks now, with Vista Ultimate 32-bit, 177.83 installed, SLI off, two screens attached and the desktop extended(which are all requirements) Card 1 runs at 600/1000/1500(core/mem/shader) but Card 2 runs at 400/400/800(core/mem/shader) which if you calculate it, works out seeing a difference in PPD per card. Neither Rivatuner or AtiTool are able to OC that second card. So basically I'm stuck. It looks like the second card does not have the proper drivers or it is stuck in 2D mode..... Installing all the clients is also a bit tricky but there are quite a few good guides out there that will help you! Good Luck to all and if you get it to work before me let me know! :clap:

Last edited:

Latest posts