What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Nvidia GPU Client Download!!!

tzetsin

Hey tzetsin,

Can you tell us which rig you're trying to install this on? Are you running XP or Vista?

sorry i didnt get back to you tonight, had a bunch of company over.

im using vista64 on the GX2 rig, quad SLI doesnt work with XP, i have XP currently installed on the GTS rig, but that can go anytime... i'm always about 10 mins away from a format anyway lol (my rigs change configs more often than i shave... and the wife doesnt like beards)

I'll give that tutorial a go tomorrow, i'm going to be home all day waiting for packages anyway.

I think i'm going to swap out my quad to the GX2 rig, flight sim took an ass whoopin with having only 2 cores (bye bye autogen ;P ) so im going to get it back in there.

i'll put vista on my GTS rig so that i'll be able to run two GPUs and a CPU core, and 4 GPUs and 3 CPUs on the GX2 rig... if i can get it going lol...

as for monitors being installed... would just a cable plugged into the box on one side, and nothing on the other work? or does it actually have to be plugged into a monitor?

i've only got 4 monitors and 3 will be on my matrox triplehead2go, and i'll need the other one for the other rig... i've got loooots of spare cables though...

tzetsin

yeah hooo... got it working via werty's link to multi gpu folding guide. thanks werty!

now i have 3 cores up and folding... unfortunatly i have the same problem alot of people are having... one core is flat out, the other two are half speed... half ppu anyway. i guess thats the next problem to figure out. another thing is that the fourth gpu, wich hasnt got a monitor on it, isnt up and runnning yet... i was hoping just having a cable on it would do the trick, but i get the " at present your GPU is not supported or you need a current driver." error. i know that obviously the driver and the GPU are supported, so that must mean i need a monitor on there. i guess i'll have to figure something out.

another thing i need to figure is how to overclock cores 123, core 0 ocs like a dream, and i can oc the unit in SLI, but not individually. i want to see how these babys scream when they're all oced to the max ;D

tzetsin

ok so far i'm able to get 3 gpus going for around 5600 ppd each. (still no monitor on the 4th gpu) At first i had one going for 4700 and two going for 2000 each, but after i set the cpu affinity for each of them to a seperate cpu core (i swapped in the quad core to the GX2 rig) i was getting 4700 per gpu. i found this pretty strange considering that even when they were all set without affinity my cpu usage was around 17 with all three running. I dont think the second and third cores should have been starved for cpu cycles...

used rivatuner to oc the cards to get 5600.

tzetsin

i was able to get 3 gpu cores running an even amount of ppd, but now i finally got the fourth running, but i have vastly different ppd over the cores again and no amount of affinity flagging is helping.... GAH... damn it takes allot of screwing around to get everything going.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
It's tricky setting everything up - just like when I was using VmWare and dual Linux instances. But once it's running like a champ, and you see that ppd in Fahmon... just like I did last night...

Dual GTX280s...

:ph34r:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
~7975 ppd, per card. Fahmon shows ~15800ppd, and rising since the second card started folding yesterday.
But I've seen ~8100ppd with a 5504 WU...

Shadowed

~7975 ppd, per card. Fahmon shows ~15800ppd, and rising since the second card started folding yesterday.
But I've seen ~8100ppd with a 5504 WU...

:shok:...

HOLY!!! you guys is rockin!

Sorry, been working last few days, 12hr shift with an hour drive each way doesn't leave much time for foruming. (leaves my computers lots of time for folding though)

@tzetsin glad to hear your getting your issues mostly sorted out.
I had to do lots of rooting around through the web and trial and error to get mine going.

Lots of new members flying up the ranks !!

Our team will be in the top 200 and breaking 10,000,000 points soon :punk:

Awsome work guys, all for a very good cause!

tzetsin

:shok:...

@tzetsin glad to hear your getting your issues mostly sorted out.
I had to do lots of rooting around through the web and trial and error to get mine going.

yeah lol tell me about it. worth it though, i'm pumping out 4 work units in a little more than 2 hours.

i've got all 4 cores folding now, but im having a wierd issue with core 2 on the primary card. its underclocked (around 300mhz when its supposed to be 600mhz stock) and i cant adjust it with rivatuner. cores 1, 3 and 4 show up as overclockable, but not 2... it shows up in rivatuner, but i cant adjust it. meby i'll try ntune...