What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA GTX 480 & GTX 470 Pre-Sale Numbers Show Promise

Delavan

I'll say it seeing as no one else wants to....

Fanboys will buy anything. :dots: :doh:

Acid888, I see that nice 9800GX2 in your sig...I remember when these came out, there was issues with them, driver issues, also they were power hogs for the time. 9800GX2 received the same kind of welcome from some reviewer, exactly like FERMI....

So look who's talking!:clap:

belgolas

I'll say it seeing as no one else wants to....

Fanboys will buy anything. :dots: :doh:

You don't have to be a fanboy to realize that the GTX 480 and 470 have some really good pros over the 5800s.

As far as graphics cards go nvidia is competitive and their prices are not as high as was rumored. The 470 is a better card than the 5850 in so many ways. The 480 is better than the 5870 in some ways. The 470 is the better buy but I want really good performance in some of the newer demanding games and you can only get that with the 480 or 5970 right now at 2560 x 1600. Seeing as the 5970 is still back ordered across the globe and is $200 more and is beaten or very close in performance compaired to the 480 it seems like a no brainer to me to go with the 480. Plus 470 SLI is much faster than the 5970 as well and is about the same price.

Also many 5800 series cards you still can't find unless you search hard.

Not to mention you get eyefinity without needing display port or an expensive hard to find active display port adapter. You also get 3D surround something you can't do with ATI. You also get physx and the only people that complain about physx are the ones that have never seen it in some of the newer games and tech demos. You also get cuda and there are many apps that look interesting that will support cuda and not open cl.

The 5850 and 5870 are good products and I am not saying not to buy them but I am saying both green and red have good products.

aCid888*

My GX2 cost me far less than Fermi, has never once gotten to 95'C while I've had it and believe it or not, XFX even had one out. :thumb:

What you buy you when order Fermi:

95'C max @ stock clocks/cooling.
300w load BEFORE you OC anything.
Noisy as a mo'fo.
Not faster than the 5970.

2900XT comes to mind... and lets not even talk about the 6~ month delays.

Paying $550+ ($600 tax/shipped) for something thats barely faster than a $410 ($475 tax/shipped) 5870 isn't good in any way and I'll defend my decision to call people fanboys or idiots (depending on my mood that day) if they buy this thing when something that performs better, uses less power and stays cooler can be had for cheaper.

I rest my case on why "Failmi" is so bad.

For the record, I support both camps and will buy what offers the best value for money...sadly, this time around that isn't nVidia and it may be hard for some people to look past the fanboy tendencies and buy something different for a change. :biggrin:

V

Verun

aCid888* said:
My GX2 cost me far less than Fermi, has never once gotten to 95'C while I've had it and believe it or not, XFX even had one out.

What you buy you when order Fermi:

95'C max @ stock clocks/cooling.
300w load BEFORE you OC anything.
Noisy as a mo'fo.
Not faster than the 5970.

2900XT comes to mind... and lets not even talk about the 6~ month delays.

Paying $550+ ($600 tax/shipped) for something thats barely faster than a $410 ($475 tax/shipped) 5870 isn't good in any way and I'll defend my decision to call people fanboys or idiots (depending on my mood that day) if they buy this thing when something that performs better, uses less power and stays cooler can be had for cheaper.

I rest my case on why "Failmi" is so bad.

Wow, you really know everything about Fermi, don't you?

For people like you, who relly know nothing, this post from the EVGA forums is the best that can ever happen:
Link

V

Verun

aCid888* said:
Yes you are, but is there anything in that link thats new???

Edit: All that link does is pretty much confirm all the bad stories you hear about Fermi.....lets be honest, anyone who can look past all its bad points is either a Dell user or blind.

If you really think that, then you're beyond hope.
But who cares? I certainly do not.

aCid888*

If you dont care why are you here trying to show me how great the 480 is???? :doh:

As I said in one of my earlier posts, it may well be hard for fanboys of anything to let go when its obvious the product they so adore isn't what it was supposed to be or what they would like to believe it is. :thumb:

b1lk1

aCid888*, you are most certainly entitled to your opinion. I too do not like the current Fermi release and am not taking any part in it. BUT, we don't need to come into these threads with hate. Let these guys buy them up. THey are still great cards, flawed, but great non the less.

I for one am passing since I have a 3 monitor setup in the works and having to SLI is just not an option. Even being stuck buying the adapter I still spend less than 1/2 the cost for a 3 monitor setup video card wise.

I am not surprised in the least these cards are selling fast. No matter what the reviews have said or even if they were worse these cards would have sold faster than fast. Just sucks bigtime this was a paper launch.

aCid888*

I never once said they arent good cards, my original comment is that fanboys will buy anything.....I also think their are much better things are there for the money spent on any Fermi.

I buy things that have a good price/performance ratio, not things that cost $200 more for nothing else other than a 6 month wait and counting.

Edit: What really pisses me off is the fact nVidia failed with this card....I want them to put out their best not something that reminds me of the 2900XT.

With nVidia putting out great cards (an not just 'good' cards) ATI try harder and make their prices cheaper...great for ANY consumer. :thumb:

FtGF

I never once said they arent good cards, my original comment is that fanboys will buy anything.....I also think their are much better things are there for the money spent on any Fermi.

I buy things that have a good price/performance ratio, not things that cost $200 more for nothing else other than a 6 month wait and counting.

Edit: What really pisses me off is the fact nVidia failed with this card....I want them to put out their best not something that reminds me of the 2900XT.

With nVidia putting out great cards (an not just 'good' cards) ATI try harder and make their prices cheaper...great for ANY consumer. :thumb:

These are the dumbest rants ever. I read to much of them. How does this remind of the the 2000 series? The 2000 series was late and still got destryed by the 8800s. Nvidia actually came out with faster cards. "Fan boys" want the fastest single gpu on block. Since when does "best bang for the buck or price/performance" ever fit in with a top of the line product? "I also think their are much better things are there for the money spent on any Fermi." That's awesome good for you..................... :censored:

Latest posts