What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA GTX 680 2GB Review Comment Thread

Grampa

Thanks for the thorough review Sky!

Just as I was in the process of building an SB-E rig, Nvidia comes through with a card that supports multi-monitors :haha:

Can't wait to see what else they have coming down the pipeline on the "high end":thumb:

Mena

Hmmm....not very impressive I must say. Sure it is a little faster but honestly I expected more. I see a 690 in the near future.....

NyteOwl

Nice review! Nice technology development on nVidia's part. Not sure it's enough to clobber the 7970 in the amrketplace (except among nvidia fans) but it's definitely a move in the right direction. Memory bandwidth could be higher, the 256bit is a bit of a surprise, as is only 2GB memory for a card that can support 4 monitors. Still, looks like a winner for nVidia.

Now if only the prices will come down to earth. :)

belgolas

Well I did a 3dmark11 and Unigene benchmark and looks like I will loose about 11-19% performance. I am on the fence and the card is in the cart.

I am thinking I could pick one up and then another one down the road. Or I could wait till the 780 comes out and get 2 right away....

There are only a few games that I play that could use the extra performance and those all I need to do is turn the graphics slightly down. If I go with the 680 I will loose performance. So after thinking for awhile I think I will hold onto my 480's as the are water cooled and dam quiet.

Soultribunal

Staff member
Hmmm....not very impressive I must say. Sure it is a little faster but honestly I expected more. I see a 690 in the near future.....

They Beat there previous generation by 34%...you've gotta be kidding me right? And did it under 200W TDP..

This round goes to nVIdia.

-ST

NyteOwl

Looks liek they won't eb any easier to obtain than 7970's. I went to NCIX's video card apge and only 2 brand showed "In Stock" (MSI and Zotac). Ibroght up the two individual product pages and in that shiort period they were both listed as back ordered.

This "instant rebate" is a bit of a farce IMHO. If the manufacturer says the card is going to be a $500 product, that should be BEFORE rebates, discounts etc. Talk about price gouging. I love the technology but the marketing in IT sucks.

Amarthfea

f056c.jpg

that is all. :ph34r:

tianfeng

Looks liek they won't eb any easier to obtain than 7970's. I went to NCIX's video card apge and only 2 brand showed "In Stock" (MSI and Zotac). Ibroght up the two individual product pages and in that shiort period they were both listed as back ordered.

This "instant rebate" is a bit of a farce IMHO. If the manufacturer says the card is going to be a $500 product, that should be BEFORE rebates, discounts etc. Talk about price gouging. I love the technology but the marketing in IT sucks.

We have a ton in at memory express.

Zealotki11er

Much better generation then GTX580/HD6970. That GTX680 Bandwidth Limit Shows once you start to OC it. It does not scale as well as HD 7970.

Latest posts