What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA GTX 680 2GB Review Comment Thread

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, great pricing for the performance it offers, but I'm holding out to see what the teaser WC'd edition you showed in the last frame comes in at price wise......

No direct comparison available due to the change in benchmarks, but would it be fair to suggest that the 680 performance would come in fairly close to SLI'd 560ti (original) cards, but not out perform a pair of 570s?

Generic User #2

HOLY WOW!!

I didn't realize that the GK104 was supposed to be smaller than Tahiti AND faster. AMD must be feeling pretty embarassed atm. GK110 should have no problem with the 7990 then?

botat29

I love it, now bring on the mid-range and I will be one happy person.

-ST

They supposed to have a $ 300 GPU that will be on pair with a GtX-580 in performance<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

draemn

Seriously, I'm happy to pay full price for that!!! As soon as I can find 2 that I can order.... I will :D

That is after I do some research to make sure my 16x PCIe 2.0 lanes won't throttle it...

GT7R

That's one awesome card they've got there, the only thing I can't seem to get is why NV is as usual being so stingy with the VRAM on their flagships.. :\

JD

Staff member
Yeah, great pricing for the performance it offers, but I'm holding out to see what the teaser WC'd edition you showed in the last frame comes in at price wise......
I'm guessing around $700. Seems the pre-WC'd cards always hold quite the premium over buying a reference card + your own block. I realize that it's labour intensive, but not $80 worth :haha:

The cut down memory and bus width lead me to believe there's better to come. I expect they should have a 3-4GB card with a wider bus so that they can wipe the floor with ATI. This to me looks more like a stop-gap solution to allow them to retain market share. Coming in $50 less and matching performance of your competitor will definitely drive sales.

samhell44

Savings Code 69746-1147. SAVE $107.99 off our regular price of $607.98
499.99 is after rebate :(

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
That's one awesome card they've got there, the only thing I can't seem to get is why NV is as usual being so stingy with the VRAM on their flagships.. :\

This was never supposed to be their "Flagship" card in this generation. AMD missed the mark and the result is a xx104 card in the place of an xx100 part.

Latest posts