What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA GTX 980Ti Performance Review Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
The NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti is finally here and it is a monster. Priced at just $649, boasting 6GB of memory and capable of rendering 4K without breaking a sweat, this is the card to have.

Read more here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/69502-nvidia-gtx-980ti-performance-review.html

Sorry guys, overclocking will be up in a little while. It was either add a couple more games (Witcher 3, GTA V and Assassin's Creed) or or push forward the OC testing. Plus, my R9 295X2 gave up the ghost mid way through testing which killed a good half day of trouble shooting.

Sagath

Staff member
Once this thing gets overclocked it will put Titan to shame.

Jesus. My 1440 resolution is going to be SO happy.

I'm in for one. Who wants my 970? :biggrin:

Edit: AND it pushed down the 980 price? Good god am I ever happy I didnt grab that 980 Hydro... :whistle:

sswilson

Staff member
I know you said this was going to be a real product launch, but did I miss an actual retailer release date?

Call me jaded, but I'm concerned about what kind of country premium we'll see over and above the exchange rate.

That said.... those are some pretty impressive numbers. :)

FreeKnight

I pretty much expected it to perform right around where it is. Remarkably close to a Titan X, but not quite equal. Keeping the substantial drop in price from a Titan X in mind this one's a much better choice between the two for most people. I suspect OC will be decent, and obviously better for the ACX, ASUS directCU, Windforce, etc variants.

The real question will be availability. Is this going to be a case of a set launch date but 90% of people not being able to get one for months. I hope not.

Arinoth

Staff member
That is quite the performance, definitely no buyers remorse for what I paid for my card, but damn that is going to sing for some people. AMD is in a whole lot of trouble if Fiji can't perform on par.

SKYMTL

Staff member
AMD needs to sell their card at a premium and this may stop them from doing that. They CAN'T AFFORD to loose money on Fiji.

ipaine

Hmmmm, so damn. I need someone to buy both of my 780ti's (I wonder what they would be worth now) then I can move to these. Two of them should do nicely. But then again whether or not my wife approves is another matter all together.

I know you said this was going to be a real product launch, but did I miss an actual retailer release date?

Call me jaded, but I'm concerned about what kind of country premium we'll see over and above the exchange rate.

That said.... those are some pretty impressive numbers. :)

I'm also worried what the actual Canadian price will be. I mean the cheapest 980 at Mem Express is $740. Not the $550 it was in the US. So I'm thinking prices will be $800+ depending on the different OC models we see.

Oh and Sky, I wish you had included the older 780ti numbers in there. I think there are still a bunch of us that have been waiting for this card to upgrade and would be nice to see the numbers. That said still a great review, thanks.

SKYMTL

Staff member
OC results up.

As I said in the conclusion: availability tomorrow.

sweenytodd

I'm also worried what the actual Canadian price will be. I mean the cheapest 980 at Mem Express is $740. Not the $550 it was in the US. So I'm thinking prices will be $800+ depending on the different OC models we see.

Oh and Sky, I wish you had included the older 780ti numbers in there. I think there are still a bunch of us that have been waiting for this card to upgrade and would be nice to see the numbers. That said still a great review, thanks.
Ditto here.

On average, the 980 is 10% faster than the 780 Ti. You can treat the 290X as a 780 Ti. Hope you get the idea.

Latest posts

Twitter