What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA officially supporting VESA adaptive sync as of 15 Jan 2019

JJThomp

This is a smart move for Nvidia. I was considering going with AMD because there are so many freesync monitors and they are cheaper. Just need AMD to compete in the high end first.

Though most freesync monitors have a junk range of VRR. I would expect to have 30-max native hz VRR range but many monitors are 40hz or higher which is an instant no buy for me. That is why I liked gsync because EVERY gsync monitor supports 1hz-max native hz.
Yeah I was going to go AMD for a mid-range card because of freesync but it does look like nvidia support is limited to a select few monitors at this point so I will have to see come summer what the lay of the land is like.

SugarJ

Staff member
Correction. Only a few monitors will automatically turn on Adaptive Sync. The rest can be enabled manually, but no guaranteed results.

Sagath

Staff member
Driver is out, who's going to be the first to test it out? I'll give it a shot this evening!
Initial reports off Reddit are promising. No performance numbers yet versus previous drivers, but people are getting freesync to work. Its currently only over DP and not HDMI however. Also apparently does NOT work under Win7 at all currently.

This guy does good performance reviews (to previous driver versions) for Turing (20xx), so keep an eye on it for him to update

And this guy does the same for previous driver performance comparisons on Pascal (10xx). Same as above, he says he'll have his benchmarks up tonight EU time (so like...soon).

Cptn Vortex

I'm glad to report it works on my screen as well, my HP Omen 32 75hz Freesync. It is not on their list, but after the driver update, the option to enable G-sync was there, and tested in game and it works great. I do however notice a tiny bit of input lag, which I stopped noticing after about 2 rounds of BFV.

enaberif

Another update.. While my monitor, AOC AG271QG4, can support G Sync. I had to disable because I would get a weird ripple effect on the bottom of the monitor when scrolling in browsers.

Latest posts

Twitter