What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

nVidia price cuts

'47 Knucklehead

I may be wrong, but I also heard that some of the Canadian stores are cutting prices as well ... although because of the stronger USD (or weaker CAN) and the import tariffs, the prices will still be pretty steep, but hopefully not as high as before.

Aside from Black Friday, and the desire to clear out inventory by year end to avoid paying Inventory Tax, I'm guessing they are getting ready to start selling Pascal.

Vittra

Nah. The "value" (ha) priced 980 Ti's are sitting exactly where they have for some time now. Stuff like the MSI 980 Ti that has a white shroud and 2 fans vs their black/red Gaming 6G and the like. The Gigabyte may actually be more expensive now that I am looking at it...

I really don't see Pascal arriving before March. Would be nice, but I don't see it.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I just want to mention that like the AMD "price cut" this is simply a byproduct of the season plus the lack of anything new....and huge inventories. I would say these are temporary and we likely won't see much here in Canada.

great_big_abyss

I'm still seeing $269 as the minimum for a GTX960 both at MemEx and NCIX.

It's a pity. The GTX650Ti Boost is starting to lag behind in the titles that I play now and I'd love to replace it with a 960, but not at these prices.

maverick_brent

I just want to mention that like the AMD "price cut" this is simply a byproduct of the season plus the lack of anything new....and huge inventories. I would say these are temporary and we likely won't see much here in Canada.

hop[ing this translate into reduction in the spring.

Latest posts

Twitter