What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Nvidia Releases New Pascal Based GPU

JD

Staff member
1030's are typically $130(ish) these days. I'd much rather see an $80 option for basic functionality.
Even $80 is high... has to be under $50 IMO, otherwise, might as well get an Intel CPU. Though I guess AMD isn't really targeting the DIY crowd that makes "business" type machines, they really only want the "gamer" market. Actual business machines use Ryzen PRO that has graphics, we just cannot buy them :(

gingerbee

ss hit the nail on the head we have had a basic gpu since the gt 710 that's what I mean by cheap the fact that when I built my media archive system I had to use 175$ card cause I couldn't find a cheap option when I happened to be shopping. they must have all been out of gt 710 or Radeon 5450 cause I would have used it since it doesnt need anything more powerful like the rx 570 that in it lol

I mean a gt 1020 with 1gb of ram for 60 to 70 bucks would have been great. which I guess is what were now getting lol

sswilson

Staff member
Even $80 is high... has to be under $50 IMO, otherwise, might as well get an Intel CPU. Though I guess AMD isn't really targeting the DIY crowd that makes "business" type machines, they really only want the "gamer" market. Actual business machines use Ryzen PRO that has graphics, we just cannot buy them :(

Heh, yeah I was thinking closer to $60 but then I remembered the stupidly high pricing gfx market we're in these days.