What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA SHIELD Hands-On Preview Comment Thread

IRQ Conflict

I don't know for a fact I just thought that if you were trying to aim your gun on a bumpy road with the screen moving all over with your controller it would make it more difficult. Just a thought. I have never played a handheld gaming device before (other than my phone) so I really wouldn't know.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I don't know for a fact I just thought that if you were trying to aim your gun on a bumpy road with the screen moving all over with your controller it would make it more difficult. Just a thought. I have never played a handheld gaming device before (other than my phone) so I really wouldn't know.
Having played many including the first Gameboy....you want the screen and controller attached.

-ST

ujwalbro2006

Yes looking forward to shield. THe shield in WWE is awesome so as is this. So will the first pece in the market.

muse108dc

My biggest problem is simply that it wont work with AMD cards. It's physx taken to the next level. I fail to see why an AMD card would be unable to stream to this if nVidia allowed it.

I have no real interest in one but its a principle thing

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
GeForce Experience is necessary for streaming. It isn't about principle, it is about development.

muse108dc

GeForce Experience is necessary for streaming. It isn't about principle, it is about development.
Honestly I don't see it. Yes theres probably a bigger reason for it than physx but in my mind but its the fact that nvidia is now preventing you from playing your games unless you own their hardware. The architecture of these cards isn't so different that the software layer that streams the games couldn't be tweaked to run on AMD. It would be another thing if they said this will work on our cards at launch but we do plan to expand it out across the board in the future.

Latest posts

Twitter