What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA Slips in 197.13 BETA Drivers

FiXT

Hall of Fame
NVIDIA's recent launch of its 196.75 drivers was marred by reports of the drivers causing GPU fans to die, potentially leading to some of the cards burning out. The company did pull the drivers and is set to release another set that not only avoids the fan issue but provides some gaming improvements along the way. The 197.13 are only beta drivers,... [ Read full article ]

belgolas

I am still running the 196.75 drivers. No problem what so ever and if you told me there were problems with it I wouldn't believe you. It must only affect some cards and most not. I am enjoying SLI in the games mentioned in the driver. All my fans go from their default speeds all the way up to 100% automatically (well haven't reached 100% but they do go above 80%).

U

Unregistered

196.75 driver

I used the 196.75 driver and about a week later my GTS8800 640 MB card died. I took it into work for the IT guys to look at and they said the memory appeared to be fried. Not sure the driver did it or old age. I leave the PC running 24/7. As a stop gap till the new Nvidia cards appear I have bought a 9800GT and rolled back the driver. All appears to be well.