What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA Wows With BFGD: 65-inch 4K 120Hz G-SYNC HDR Monitor

sswilson

Staff member
Is this going to lower prices and produce better quality 1440p IPS monitors any time soon? :blarg:

Unfortunately, my intuition is telling me that the industry isn't interested in making such a thing... they seem to want to push 1080p as the default affordable consumer monitor while skipping over 1440p in favour of 4K monitors for the mid to high range... unfortunately the folks who are want to buy in that range probably can't afford the GPU setup required to run 4K properly.

I gave up waiting for that "affordable 1440/144/IPS/Gsync monitor which is why my CC hates me, but I'm staring at a freshly installed ASUS PG279Q right now.... ;)

OTOH, it's always possible that the wilson "curse" will kick in.... now that I've made this stupidly expensive purchase, somebody's probably going to announce a $500 equivalent at CES which will be debuting in Feb..... ;)

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
OTOH, it's always possible that the wilson "curse" will kick in.... now that I've made this stupidly expensive purchase, somebody's probably going to announce a $500 equivalent at CES which will be debuting in Feb..... ;)

I'm not going to lie. I'm really hoping this curse is real :whistle:

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
This is not a desktop monitor. It's a living/games room monitor, that's why the Shield is built in. You can stream from your gaming desktop elsewhere in the home.

JD

Staff member
This is not a desktop monitor. It's a living/games room monitor, that's why the Shield is built in. You can stream from your gaming desktop elsewhere in the home.
Do you have a Shield TV w/ controller and Destiny 2 by chance? I need somebody else to try streaming it, ideally in 4K HDR, and see if the controller works. I haven't had any success so far. It works in Battlefield though, so I know it does work.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Do you have a Shield TV w/ controller and Destiny 2 by chance? I need somebody else to try streaming it, ideally in 4K HDR, and see if the controller works. I haven't had any success so far. It works in Battlefield though, so I know it does work.

I do have both but 1080P TV only. I'll let you know shortly if I can get it streaming.

Edit: I had to manually press the play button in Battle.net to start it, but it streamed and played fine for the 3 minutes I tried.

Last edited:

Latest posts