What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA's GTX 1080 & GTX 1070 Detailed (Comment Thread)

Fragman

EVGA has already Tweeted they are working towards custom cards available at launch. Supposedly partners already have these in hand.

I want to see which card you are reviewing and will publish on 27th. The founders edition sampled by Nvidia or the custom version from partner like EVGA. The pricing difference of USD 100 is significant. I don't like this trend of mid-range dies creeping up from the days of GTX 460/GTX 560 Ti at USD 200/USD 250 to GTX 680 at USD 500 to GTX 980 at USD 550 and now this so called Founders edition at USD 700. AMD has also been guilty of increasing prices from HD 6970 at USD 369 to HD 7970 at USD 550. I hope Polaris is competitive enough in perf and price to bring some price reductions in Nvidia's cards.

sswilson

Staff member
I want to see which card you are reviewing and will publish on 27th. The founders edition sampled by Nvidia or the custom version from partner like EVGA. The pricing difference of USD 100 is significant. I don't like this trend of mid-range dies creeping up from the days of GTX 460/GTX 560 Ti at USD 200/USD 250 to GTX 680 at USD 500 to GTX 980 at USD 550 and now this so called Founders edition at USD 700. AMD has also been guilty of increasing prices from HD 6970 at USD 369 to HD 7970 at USD 550. I hope Polaris is competitive enough in perf and price to bring some price reductions in Nvidia's cards.

A comment on another forum made a lot of sense to me... basically said that AMD needs high NVidia pricing in order to allow it to get some kind of decent return on their GPUs and thus get some cash flowing.

I know market share will be important to them, but I'd expect only small price/perf discounts on upcoming AMD GPUs.

AMD needs 2 things to happen this cycle... they need a competitive lineup and they need to start moving their ledger back towards some black ink.

ipaine

Now, I wonder how will this fair when compared to the 980ti. See I still have a 780ti sli setup and while I could have went down to a single 980ti and been about the same performance it wasn't really worth it. I'm hoping this will be as I really want one, I just don't think I can handle the wait until the 1080ti.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Overclocks past 2GHz on air in some cases as demoed yesterday.

Jokester

Damn and I just put a waterblock on my 980ti. Looks interesting. Look forward to release and reviews.

Latest posts