What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA's GTX 1080 & GTX 1070 Detailed (Comment Thread)

THS

1070 will likely be $500+ in Canada. This tempered my upgrade possibility quite a bit.

Google: 380 US Dollar equals 490.52 Canadian Dollar

😭

Aftermarket cooler cards probably gonna be over 500. Then add tax.... Probably close to 600 all in for a 1070.....

Shit, maybe I will just stick with my 970.

jibz

I'm waiting to see real world numbers before making a decision, but I'm hoping to move from my Titan to something more 4k compatible.

lowfat

Staff member
A discussion over @ Overclock.net had some thoughts about the whole Founder's Edition / reference cards. The Founder's Edition cards aren't some super rare card that will be only available at launch. It is just a standard reference card that will be available for the life of the GTX1080. Now if a reference cards normal selling price is $700USD, why should AIBs be selling their superior built cards w/ superior coolers sell for $600USD? Doesn't make much sense. Their is strong suspicion that we will never actually see a GTX1080 sell for $600USD, but all of them will be closer to $700USD.

turtletrax

Banned
A discussion over @ Overclock.net had some thoughts about the whole Founder's Edition / reference cards. The Founder's Edition cards aren't some super rare card that will be only available at launch. It is just a standard reference card that will be available for the life of the GTX1080. Now if a reference cards normal selling price is $700USD, why should AIBs be selling their superior built cards w/ superior coolers sell for $600USD? Doesn't make much sense. Their is strong suspicion that we will never actually see a GTX1080 sell for $600USD, but all of them will be closer to $700USD.

That really puts a damper on my thoughts of getting one if true. I will wait for the ti/Titan in the fall if that is the case.

Latest posts